Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 06-19-2008, 01:25 AM   #1
mstar218
GX Member

mstar218 is on a distinguished road
Question mp3 to stock radio

Hi Ya'll,

I bought a new mp3 player today and got the grand tour from the sales guy about the possibilities to hook it up in the car. He said one of the possibilities is an adapter that goes between the antenna cable and the stock radio and connects to the headset jack of the p3 player, but before I consider it I was wondering if any of you have a similar setup and how it works out. Also if any of you could point me to a website where I could get an adapter like that I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks
mstar218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:09 PM   #2
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
My HD Radio has an FM transmitter where the antenna passes through the HD box. Works perfect!

I bought an MP3 player awhile back. I then purchased a CHEAP E bay skin and FM transmitter. That thing is a huge POS.

BUy a good one if your going to buy.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:30 PM   #3
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

TheEdgeofSanity is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheEdgeofSanity
if you have the radio with a tape player, get a tape player adapter. thats what I use and it had pretty good sound quality and when I'm not using my ipod, I just throw the thing in my glove box.

also, they're pretty cheap at Best Buy and Walmart so its good for your wallet too.

TheEdgeofSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 06:41 AM   #4
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Problem with tapes and tape players is the frequencies are limited and you have wow & flutter. Theres always background noise.

Sure its a cheap fix, if you can overlook the shortcomings.

I would get the FM transmitter and a decent one.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:55 AM   #5
p1mptress
I'm pretty much Awesome!

p1mptress is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to p1mptress
i bought a pioneer ipod jack set up thing. It come with an actual plug for the ipod and you can scroll through songs with the head unit. I have a hole cut in my middle console where the cubby is where my ipod jack is (b/c the adapter itself is a little box that the best buy guy ended up fitting behind my middle console). So my ipod just sits in my cubby, getting charged, while i listen to the music off of it on my head unit, crystal clear.
.................................................. ............................................
When I had my stock I bought an FM transmitter but felt whatever channel it was on there was still static in the background. I also used the tape idea too, and it just sounded so mono tone.

SO your best bet is to go buy an aftermarket cd player and just find an adapter that would hard wire to the cd player, so your not losing any quality in the sound.

Last edited by p1mptress : 06-20-2008 at 11:58 AM. Reason: I'm a dork and skipped over the stock radio part so that answer is below the dotted line.
p1mptress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:14 PM   #6
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Either go with an iPod interface like Pimptress or get an aux input like you had mentioned
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:16 PM   #7
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Mobile black box V6000 runs about 99 bucks. I've only seen one in person and a cop here had it, comes with a stand and kind of reminds me of a damn playstation 2, but from what he says it is perfect, and this guy is pretty picky. It gives you like a power out display and a frequency display, damn nice and crystal freakin clear. The only thing I don't like about it is that it sends a mono signal but it still sounds very good. The V5000 its early version sends a stero signal but you don't get the nice display and stuff. Never asked him where he got it, but I could ask if interested.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:26 PM   #8
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
I was thinking that the FM transmitter wouldn't work very good in an Alero since the FM antenna is in the back.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:37 PM   #9
robalero
GLS member

robalero is on a distinguished road
it picks it off the transmitter just behind the dash ( there is metal there ) anyways just spend $50 and buy a deck that has mp3 capabilities I perfer that route much more then using the stock deck myself
robalero is offline   Reply With Quote