Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 12-29-2010, 10:21 PM   #1
snitchsgetstitchs
GX Member

snitchsgetstitchs is on a distinguished road
Rear Speakers stoped working?

I recently replaced my front speakers and after i replaced them the back ones stoped working..and im not sure why..any suggestions
snitchsgetstitchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:52 PM   #2
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
May seem like a silly suggestion but did you ensure that the clips are still connected to the rear speakers?

How did you do the install? May shine some light on where there could be breaks in the connection.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:03 PM   #3
snitchsgetstitchs
GX Member

snitchsgetstitchs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderWiFi View Post
May seem like a silly suggestion but did you ensure that the clips are still connected to the rear speakers?

How did you do the install? May shine some light on where there could be breaks in the connection.

Yes checked that ha.. its fine there..and i dont understand where there would be a break in the connection i only did the front speakers and the only wires there are for the front speakers so ya
snitchsgetstitchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:10 PM   #4
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
Do you have an aftermarket unit or stock? This is a shot in the dark but maybe the harness isn't allowing the proper wattage...so your rear speakers cut out. But I hardly know if that could really be the case.

I punt to Cherry. He's the man around town about electrical.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:18 AM   #5
Rouseman
GX Member

Rouseman is on a distinguished road
Just a guess but the fronts are wired into the tweeters as well. It may be possible that you threw off the Ohm balance if you wired something funny. If you still have the stock radio thats all i can think of.
Rouseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:24 AM   #6
scott192
GX Member

scott192 is on a distinguished road
sounds bad but is the fade all the way front since you were testing your new speakers?

if not above then next step is get a multimeter put it on ac voltage fade the sound to the back and test both sides....theres alot of things it could be
parts so far: 10000k hid heads and fogs, alpine INAW900, bluetooth, backup camera, alpine mrp-m2000, 18fi btl, 270amp mechman alterntor, 2 Redtop Batt's, all LED lights and color changing signals white/amber (every bulb other then dummy lights) and limo back 3 and 20% in the front and tinted tails
check out my car http://www.youtube.com/user/scott192
Quote:
Well I know my car is female because she was bleeding for 7 days and didnt die!

Last edited by scott192 : 12-31-2010 at 02:29 AM.
scott192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:17 AM   #7
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
another stupid question... but did you check your fuses?

also, if you replace the fronts (since its what you hear most) you tend to listen louder, because you like it more. You might have blown the back ones.