Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 02-12-2012, 08:56 AM   #1
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Adam's Rotor's

Any of you ever used their product? I ordered custom rotors and pads from them a couple of weeks ago. They were willing to actually make my rotors for me, no one else I could find would even consider it. I have the calipers from a 96 vette on mine with Grand Am/Alero hubs. This means I need to re-drill rotors to fit on the hubs... pita...
They are making the rotors with a 5x114.7 bolt pattern and Im getting their Stoptech pads to go with them. Before the conversion I was using the PowerSlot Rotors with Hawk pads. This was an amazing combo and lasted dam near 4 seasons. They say the stoptech pads are compareable to the Hawk ones without the poor wet weather performance. Have to see on that one. Well, Ill post picks once they come in, and give a review of the brakes themselves once installed. Maybe these guys will turn out to be a good choice for anyone that needs custom work done to accommodate their builds. Here is a link to them for anyone that may be intrested....
www.adamsrotors.com

In this link I got the slotted and dimpled ones with the silver zinc coating

http://www.adamsrotors.com/gallery/?album=1&gallery=1
Old 02-12-2012, 08:58 AM   #2
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Oh, forgot to add, it cost me $562.00 for the package Canadian, $550 US....
Old 02-12-2012, 09:53 AM   #3
colonel6632
Premier V.I.P. Member

colonel6632 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to colonel6632
maybe im missing something, but why didn't you just use impalla rotors?

2005 Silverado 2500HD w/ 6.0l Vortec 4L80E
Tuned 6.0l, exhaust, intake, with 450000km on the odometer. Tow Rig

1985 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/ 5.7 Vortec 700r4
mild vortec 350 with 4 speed auto. performance suspension. factory gold color. project car
colonel6632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #4
guiguilandry
Premier V.I.P. Member

guiguilandry is on a distinguished road
why didn't you just ovalized the hole by the center a little.. the center bore is the same so the disc stay centered... i have 2008 z06 vette brakes on my car... yes the 14.5 inches front disc with the 6 piston caliper.... and the 13,8 in rear with 4 piston calipers... on my hubs ...

www.demonautosport.ca
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941359
http://demonautosport.monchar.com/
guiguilandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #5
MMGT1
GLS member

Dont know if the Impala rotors will work with the 96 set up. The bore is the same, just the bolt pattern is different from the vette compaed to my hubs. I put brand new GM brakes on when I did the calipers and they suck compared to the powerslot and hawk in the stock calipers. Hopefully these will make it respond the way I had hoped they would
Old 03-17-2012, 06:35 PM   #6
MMGT1
GLS member

I finally got my brakes today. Spent a few hours cleaning and wire wheelin' a lot of parts but got it done. Looks amazing, just took it around the block real quick before dinner. Still need to "seat them" properly but so far so good! Here is a couple of shots of the GM stuff compared to Adam's..

And yes, almost time for some new struts...lol Those are just about done

Last edited by MMGT1 : 03-17-2012 at 06:37 PM.
MMGT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:24 PM   #7
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
What........nah I think your struts look good!! They match my brakes!
Old 03-19-2012, 06:08 PM   #8
MMGT1
GLS member

Well I seated the brakes and today I tried them out for real. From 120 to stop.... WOW! I have changed how this thing stops thats for sure! These are freaking amazing. I have to recommend this guy to anyone that is looking to replace brakes. He was very responsive to any and all of my request, shipped when he said they would and sent exactly what I was after. Dam fine work if I do say so myself!
Old 03-20-2012, 10:28 AM   #9
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice, the alero rotors are quite rusted from sitting for years and years, so this might be a good option.