Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 03:07 PM   #1
UnoWHO

I only visit these forums like once a week and everytime it makes me want to quit. you guys are ridiculous in having rules on whether or not we can talk about street racing, or taking govenors off, or anything that has to do with speeing on a public road.

The fact of the matter is, street racing is part of the life with cars, its not even all about the speed its equally about the way you control the car and are able to weave. I beat a Corvette the other day, and yes I know your going to say at the track i wouldnt but thats the point here, its not all about speed, its about your skill as a driver and if you tell me weaving isnt a skill then plop any 16 yr old out on the road and have them try and follow me, Ill leave them in the dust. Now at a certain point speed becomes a necessity and from here is where Ill start my other section

The governor on our cars IS NOT BECAUSE OUR CARS CANT HANDLE IT! It is all about keeping a warranty on a new car from being exploited by someone saying they blew the engine and its the companys fault. This is why all new cars have govenors, its not because they want to limit the car, its a legality issue, its become standard and a new car without a governor now-a days is more than likely a sport car with the ability to go speeds of excess of 150 mph.

Make a special forum about street racing, if you dont want to read about it, then dont and dont worry about the talk that goes on in there. thats it solve the problem im tired of it and you will probablly close this topic because you dont want to start crap again but its gotta be tlaked about somewhere.

Old 04-14-2006, 03:23 PM   #2
jamcllw
GLS member

jamcllw is an unknown quantity at this point
Your probably not as good of a driver as you think you are. What you call street racing is illegal and I can see why the owner of this site doesn't want it on here. If you want a street racing forum start your own.
If thats the reason you don't want to be part of this forum so be it. I think it would be better off without you.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:30 PM   #3
King Asoka
V.I.P. Member

King Asoka is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to King Asoka Send a message via MSN to King Asoka
dood, your a idiot!

any form of street racing is is bad. Weaving or not. Ive seen so many deaths due to street racing. A cop was killed last year from street racers and no he was not chasing them. he was on patrol when he got t boned by a one of two cars blowing a red light. They were street racing.

If your going to race do it on a track or on a closed course. Just becasue you can beat a corvette weaving in and out of traffic doesnt make you a man.

That manuver is extremly dangerous. Just think if you misjudged a distance and clip an innocent motorist......

Just becasue the owners of this site do not want to make this a forum for promoting street racing and providing info on how to remove your govenor doesnt give you cause to come on here flaming them for it.

If you dont like it then dont come around!

Your skill as a driver wont save you when you loose it and wreck your car and kill someone. Then you will be looking back on that moment for the rest of your life thinknig I could have prevented that if I wasnt a jackass, assuming you dont die as well.

If you want to race so bad then go to a track and race. There are alot of opportunity to race in many forms. Bracket, GT, autocross, dirt track, it goes on.

All of these are governed by strict regulations to help protect the drivers from death. They dont have these rules for nothing.

Smarten up dood. Its not about how big your balls are! Its about how you use them!
Old 04-14-2006, 03:35 PM   #4
johny_boy32
V.I.P. Member

johny_boy32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to johny_boy32
I'll add my $.02 before this sorry excuse for a thread and a waste of bandwith gets locked.

Streetracing is illegal and theres a reason why it is banned from being talked about on this site.

Grow up, be a man, and take it to the track.

I wish death upon nobody but when you end up in a body bag because your roostery a$$ thought you could get in between two cars, I'm going to say I told you so. And so help me god, if for some reason you hurt one of my friends, family members, or loved ones, you better hope you dont live because what I would do to you would be much worse than death ever could be.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:42 PM   #5
whiteliquid
Defeat < Giving Up

whiteliquid is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to whiteliquid Send a message via Yahoo to whiteliquid
Street racing is an immature and stupid way to prove that you can drive "good"....... it took me the loss of two friends :Noooo: and a year and a half driving probation, driving school and a VERY VERY huge ticket to get me to realize that.

Im 18 now and dont do that crap anymore but when i WAS 16 i woulda beat you in a race easily. Age doesnt matter

WhiteLiquid
Old 04-14-2006, 03:44 PM   #6
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by jamcllw@Apr 14 2006, 02:23 PM
Your probably not as good of a driver as you think you are. What you call street racing is illegal and I can see why the owner of this site doesn't want it on here. If you want a street racing forum start your own.
If thats the reason you don't want to be part of this forum so be it. I think it would be better off without you.

holy crap. I don't even have to think. You took the thought from my head and even formed the words for me!
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:46 PM   #7
UnoWHO

ok once again its come back to me, listen the point of pointing out the weaving is to provide another side or view, its part of peoples lives, as is it is mine. You cant get the adrenaline rush you get in streetracing anywhere else other than the street theres nothing like it. and yes knwoing you could f*** up any second and die is all the more thrill in it.

Pointing out that youve seen so many people die in car accidents because of racing has no affect on me, Ive heard of and seen more cars totaled because of racing than you ever will, my step dad works for tampa more specifically a auto examiner/mechanic for the police vehicles around here, he and I almost see all the cars that are totaled that involve racing or a cop. and if you think cops are good drivers think again, the driving course they go through is just as advanced as one of these mom and pop owned learn how to drive places. They are just like you me, speeding just as fast as us, just legally.

Now with that said what I am trying to do here is forge a change, change is good in most cases and i think its about time the people here at this forum pull their heads outta there asses and do something about it. This is one of the only good sites for aleros and it just gets dumber and dumber hearing that people are so narrow minded they cant open up. open a new forum! it wont hurt you nor will will it cause conflict with you, whoever you are that runs this place.

And on a side note, notice neither of you posted anyhting about the govenors point being wrong because its right and you know it and so does everyone else yet they are restrciting conversation about it. Its rediculous you guys are so gay about dumb stuff like this. Lighten up!

and if want to ban me feel free but at least I tried.

Old 04-14-2006, 03:47 PM   #8
jamcllw
GLS member

jamcllw is an unknown quantity at this point
somebody ban this stupid douchebag
Old 04-14-2006, 03:56 PM   #9
King Asoka
V.I.P. Member

King Asoka is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to King Asoka Send a message via MSN to King Asoka
DOOD!!!! YOU ARE AN IDIOT!

Have you no remorse? Do you have a conscience?
The death of others is supose to affect you, its supose to show you the mistakes of others. Its supose to show you how precious life is.

Have you talked to your father about what you do on the road. How you weave in and out of traffic trying to get a rush. I garuntee you he will poop kick you, just like I would.

You can get the same rush form the track. I geuss you have never tried, becaus if you did you wouldnt be talking all this BS!

I dont see any reason for you to post on this forum any more. you have nothing rational to contribute. your comments are not welcome here.

Good day to you sir!

I said GOOD DAY!
Old 04-14-2006, 04:11 PM   #10
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

jabartram is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jabartram Send a message via Yahoo to jabartram
the day you kill somebody is the day you will understand. i'm locking this before it gets out of control.
Closed Thread