Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 04-23-2006, 09:36 AM   #1
d_original_1

Ever since I've dropped my suspension 3 years ago, I've started hearing noise more like a plastic to plastic rubbing noise in the steering when making turns...But lately a new noise has emerged when making left turns at very low speed that sound like a small rattle knocking type of noise...

Would anyone have any idea of what might be at fault ?
Old 04-23-2006, 01:53 PM   #2
sofa
GL Member

sofa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to sofa
wheel bearing? mines goooin

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2313940 http://www.myspace.com/kowch
sofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 02:31 PM   #3
brsexton
V.I.P. Member

brsexton is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brsexton
Quote:
Originally posted by d_original_1@Apr 23 2006, 08:36 AM
Ever since I've dropped my suspension 3 years ago, I've started hearing noise more like a plastic to plastic rubbing noise in the steering when making turns...But lately a new noise has emerged when making left turns at very low speed that sound like a small rattle knocking type of noise...

Would anyone have any idea of what might be at fault ?

The first noise you are talking about is a common noise with GM cars. It is a "zipper" type noise like rubber rubbing something as you turn the wheel, right? I took mine to the dealer for this and they told me it was very common and the whole column would have to be pulled to lube it and it would come back. They said it was rubber parts in there and not to be concerned. So I have just gotten used to it. On hot days it don't do it. The other noise you have may be a bit more serious.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:43 PM   #4
d_original_1

Quote:
Originally posted by sofa@Apr 23 2006, 05:53 PM
wheel bearing? mines goooin

What kind of noise do you hear???...Don't forget I hear mine when i'm turning but it seems to be coming from the steering colunm
Old 04-23-2006, 08:12 PM   #5
d_original_1

Quote:
Originally posted by brsexton@Apr 23 2006, 06:31 PM
The first noise you are talking about is a common noise with GM cars. It is a "zipper" type noise like rubber rubbing something as you turn the wheel, right? I took mine to the dealer for this and they told me it was very common and the whole column would have to be pulled to lube it and it would come back. They said it was rubber parts in there and not to be concerned. So I have just gotten used to it. On hot days it don't do it. The other noise you have may be a bit more serious.

That's right, zipper noise right on!...GM had the nerve to tell me that since I've played with the suspension they would fix it. Is there a service bulletin concern this? and can this lead to further problems...
Old 04-23-2006, 08:29 PM   #6
brsexton
V.I.P. Member

brsexton is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brsexton
Quote:
Originally posted by d_original_1+Apr 23 2006, 07:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(d_original_1 @ Apr 23 2006, 07:12 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-brsexton@Apr 23 2006, 06:31 PM

That's right, zipper noise right on!...GM had the nerve to tell me that since I've played with the suspension they would fix it. Is there a service bulletin concern this? and can this lead to further problems...
[/b][/quote]

They told me it would cause no problems and that most GM cars have this to some degree. Even the service advisor tells me her Envoy does it. Since it has gotten much warmer outside, my car don't do it anymore. They said its just not worth pulling the column out at $75 an hour and it may even come back. I don't think there is a TSB on it either.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:10 AM   #7
Menace
@Kutztown University PA

Menace is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Menace
Maybe its your steering rods

2007 Scion tC in driveway!!

Stuff for sale

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13919
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote