Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 12-07-2010, 11:12 AM   #1
jawa
Powered by LX9

jawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to jawa
guage lights

i was wondering if there is a way to have the gauge lights come on when the car is on, instead of having them on with the parking of headlights, reason being is my tint is dark and some times i have to turn my lights on to see the gauges better,
any ideas welcome
thanks.

Last edited by jawa : 12-07-2010 at 12:10 PM.
jawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:47 AM   #2
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
i believe the word your looking for is gauge.

you can just turn your headlight knob to on and it will put your headlights on along with the interior lights which includes your gauges.

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:12 PM   #3
jawa
Powered by LX9

jawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond repute
fixed, i know i can turn my marker lights on and my dash lights come on, but i want it so i dont have to turn the markers or headlights and have the gauges still light up

Old 12-07-2010, 06:08 PM   #4
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
If you had a diagram for the main plug going into the gauges you could make a bypass switch with some wire and a switch ... You would just have to splice into a power wire that's hot with ignition on (would just need to make sure you fuse the wire if it's not already) , run that wire to one side of the switch and then after figuring out which wire on the main gauge plug splice it it and run that wire to the other side of the switch. Then you could just flick the switch and it will supply power to the gauge illumination.

Hope that make sense ... If not I'll try and draw a diagram of what I'm talking about.
strtrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:05 PM   #5
jawa
Powered by LX9

i was thinking of just finding the power wire for the gauge lights and running a jumper wire to a switched power source in the fusebox, only thing is i will lose the dimming feature, somthing i was trying to avoid

Old 12-07-2010, 09:44 PM   #6
slownlow43
GX Member

slownlow43 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unless you already have an aftermarket radio you can jump off the windshield wiper fuse. Also, couldn't you just find the main power in for the dimmer and use it to wire all the lights to the ignition?

If you do this, can you do a write up? I actually kinda like this idea when combined with white leds. Kinda give it the look of a Toyota or Honda gauge cluster.

Hell, I might try and figure this out on my own, good idea.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:52 AM   #7
jawa