Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 07-22-2008, 01:20 PM   #1
daiglepatrick
GX Member

daiglepatrick is an unknown quantity at this point
ABS and Brake light

Can anyone help?

I'm looking at my instrument panel and the ABS and the red Brake light are on...I've check the brake fluide and it's fine...the emergency brake is not engaged...I've checked the E-Brake cables and they seem to work ok also.

I've recentley had to change a wheel bearing....I had the regular lights on for a while..ABS/TRACK OFF/ Service Vehicle Soon and was making quite a bit of noise...but after a while all I was getting was ABS and Brake lights...that was even before I changed the bearing...at first I tought that changing the wheel hub assembley(bearing) would fix the problem but I guess I have more issues. I got rid of the bearing noise by replacing it but I can't seem to get the lights to turn off...everything seems to work good I've put new front break and rotor and I've replaced my rear rotor not to long ago.

someone please help....I'm getting tired of looking at those f*en lights...lol..
daiglepatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:11 PM   #2
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
do u have loose steering? If so, the variable assist solenoid in your power steering pump may be out. Or the ABS module is maybe bad.

Goto a shop that has a snap on scanner or dealership w/ a gm tech 2 scanner. They can read ABS trouble codes. A normal engine code reader will not read these codes from autozone. thats the only way for sure to know whats wrong to throw the lights.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:05 PM   #3
daiglepatrick
GX Member

steering feels fine....and I live in Canada so we don't have one of those Autozone that will read the codes for free.....it normally cost me min. $30 to get them read....I'm hoping that someone will have a suggestion that will allow me to fix or at least get a better idea of what is wrong before I have to spend money to get the codes read.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:47 PM   #4
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
My mech has a code reader, I'm sure you could find someone that has a cheap one that could read the codes for you.

I know Canadian tire charges an arm and a leg for scanning and so does Autopro. Maybe you could ask politely in a small garage if they are not too busy if its possible to check that.

Sry to make fast conclusions, but with your name I guess you are from Quebec?
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:40 PM   #5
daiglepatrick
GX Member

haven't found a mechanic yet that would read the codes for free...have to keep looking I guess...and no not from Quebec....from good old New-Brunswick.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:23 PM   #6
undersc0re
GX Member

undersc0re is on a distinguished road
Is it just the ABS and ebrake light on, or are the traction and service engine soon light on as well?
undersc0re is offline   Reply With Quote