Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 05-13-2011, 10:35 PM   #21
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

jhubbz is on a distinguished road
If you buy this twist-lock base and put in whatever 194 bulb, it should work perfect.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b... _sockets.html

someone correct me if im wrong

Done lost my mind
jhubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 09:18 AM   #22
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Diameter of the whole unit.... should help you pick which one you need.

let me know if you need other measurements

Hubbz, some of the twist lock bases, in a few years (or models) don't have easily removeable bulbs. Mine had a hole in the bottom (shown) and just pushed right out. I have a set of holders that have no hole, which makes it alot easier. You usually end up crushing the bulb...

sorry for the book/table. lol. my desk is a little covered atm.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:43 PM   #23
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

yea, i pushed mine right out and did the whole bending out the arms bit. im just saying for people who dont want to deal with that at all and just buy the bases and plop in the bulb

Done lost my mind
Old 04-10-2012, 09:28 PM   #24
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
I tore out my center console and want to replace the cubby hole light and the gear shift backlighting. From jhubbz previous thread I need a 74 for the cubby hole, but the gear shift backlighting-is that a 194 or other?

Here's one for you cherry: can I splice into that gear shift backlighting bulb wire to add an LED for the cupholder LED workup you posted?
Old 04-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #25
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderWiFi View Post
I tore out my center console and want to replace the cubby hole light and the gear shift backlighting. From jhubbz previous thread I need a 74 for the cubby hole, but the gear shift backlighting-is that a 194 or other?

Here's one for you cherry: can I splice into that gear shift backlighting bulb wire to add an LED for the cupholder LED workup you posted?

Yes and yes. 194 for gear-shift, and I have the same set-up as you are talking about except my cup-holder LED is spliced into the cubby-hole wiring. It will not make a difference though where you splice it.

I actually cut out the 74 bulb socket and wired in a surface mount LED from Oznium. Much brighter, and more even light in my opinion.

Done lost my mind
Old 04-11-2012, 08:31 AM   #26
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Off topic question: with your gear shift letter display-have any cracks or fissures that you could only see with the light on? If so, anyone ever make an attempt to repair them?

They have a lot of choices for the 194 and 74...Picking these up:

74-xHP for the cubby light.
WLED-x6 for the gear shift light.

I'm surprised they don't sell wiring cable...need some of that as I chopped off my cubby light socket and need to re-solder it on.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:17 AM   #27
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

edit