Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 10-11-2010, 10:01 PM   #1
Casper
GX Member

Casper is on a distinguished road
Passlock and Push Start Help required!

So my Ignition cylinder fully locked on me yesterday. (more info here: http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32521 )

Now since I cant afford to get a new cylinder, I'd like to do a push start setup but from my understanding I would need to bypass the Passlock. To do the bypass I need to get the resistance from the yellow and black wires but the car needs to be on to do this (which is impossible at this time)

Is my only option to buy the bypass harness? as I cant get the value for the resistor I need for the bypass? Unless somehow it would be possible to wire the push start first, put the key in but leave it in the off position and try to start the car lol but I highly doubt that would work. If anyone knows another way to get the value for the resistance, let me know!

Any help would be great as I've been reading posts about passlock and push start systems on here for the last 2 hours and I've gotten the feeling im in a unique situation at the moment.

Edit: Just realized that my battery has been disconnected since my last possible start up, which means if I did successfully do a push start button, that it still wouldnt work with a bypass because the pcm or whatever reprograms after the first start from a total loss of power(key required I believe), is this right? If so, I guess im destined to get a new ignition cylinder

Last edited by Casper : 10-12-2010 at 12:50 AM.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:10 AM   #2
gerry
GX Member

gerry is on a distinguished road
Are you bypassing the key and installing a push button instead?
That sounds illegal? How would you prevent a kid from stealing your car?
gerry is offline   Reply With Quote