Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 04-16-2007, 11:06 PM   #21
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
You should have just done them yourself. And the heat shields aren't that bad, there is only like 10 or so 10mm bolts.
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:18 AM   #22
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1m View Post
hehe my first time doing headers with my friends, took us over 20 hours on his cavy

20 hours on a car with the header easily ava?

Like everybody else said, the header bolts are the hardest part. I did mine when I tried to do the heads, so everything was there and easy to get to

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:05 PM   #23
nonmoalero
V.I.P. Member

nonmoalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
20 hours on a car with the header easily ava?

Like everybody else said, the header bolts are the hardest part. I did mine when I tried to do the heads, so everything was there and easy to get to

I would have done them myself, but I just don't want to take the time. If I was to do it, it would have been done here and there, and would have taken weeks if not months. I just have too much going on in my life to be dinking around on my car. Not that I don't enjoy messing with cars, it's just not a priority anymore. 10 years ago, I would have looked forward to doing a job like the headers. Ahh, the good old days, drinkin beer with a friend doing our own mechanic work on our cars. Now all I do is house projects. Well, at least the exhaust is all done, and holy shit, it is way louder than I expected. My wifey will no likey!
nonmoalero is offline   Reply With Quote