Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2011, 02:37 PM   #1
luckilero7
GL Member

luckilero7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Belt Walking

Ok so here are several issues I'm having. Replaced the water pump and belt about a month ago and since then I've had a few issues. One, when the belt is on properly it is fine until applying throttle it THEN starts to squeak. As soon as it goes back to idle the squeak stops. Another issue is the belt will "walk", but only slightly. It will "walk" one belt ridge only on the power steering pulley on the back side of it (close to the fluid resivoir on the p.s. pump). When it does this, however, the squeaking is minimal or none at all. The belt came off completely today while driving, but did not break luckily. I checked all the pulleys for ease of spin and all seem fine. I have a spare tensioner to put on soon, but I am pretty sure that won't fix the problem. I checked the "play" in the p.s. pulley and its minimal/usual. I also started the car quickly without the belt on again to check the crank pulley and it has minimal/usual wobble to it and not sure that could be the issue either. The crank pulley also seems intact as the rubber inside of the pulley is still intact as well. I am guessing/hoping it may be the power steering pump/pulley itself, but would like to hear from others. Also, my service vehicle soon light is on, but when hooked up to a basic scanner there are no codes showing up.
luckilero7 is offline   Reply With Quote