Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #1
TxAlero
GX Member

TxAlero is on a distinguished road
STUMPED...whats next HELP!

So this is what's going on. The engine is boiling out fluids and I'm at a wall to figure out what's wrong, here's a list of what's been done:

Changed the thermostat
Changed the water pump
Changed the head gaskets
Pressured tested the engine to 15 psi and watched for any leaks (none were found )
Bleed the system
Cleaned the radiator off and flushed
New overflow cap

I've watched the water flow from the overflow tank and from there no bubbles were coming out from like combustion gases.
I noticed that ONCE the temp got stableized and the guage was a mid point the upper hose to the radiator began to move and make chunking noises. My best guess was cold water going to the thermo was being pushed back by hot, boiling water comming back thru on the other side of the thermo.
After I stopped the engine and took off one of relay hoses back to the coolent tank there was steam comming out of the hose.
I was running water thru just to pressure test the system. WILL dexcool really lower the temp enough that it won't boil out like the water did, OR is the another underlying problem like a blown head or could I have placed the head gaskets on wrong and they are blocking water flow so it would boil.
Nothing is indicating a blown gasket or head because the problems only start after the car is warmed up to normal temp.
so all u gear heads out there Help please...

Last edited by TxAlero : 06-03-2012 at 09:52 PM.
TxAlero is offline   Reply With Quote