Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 01-20-2012, 12:21 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
those are idiotic piles of parts that have NOTHING to do with the car they supposedly go on

you will never find a turbo kit for this car sold anywhere, except one that someone has pieced together themselves on www.j-body.org

you have to get the parts yourself and make it work. turbocharging isn't for newbs.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #3
Hellfire5670
GL Member

Hellfire5670 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
those are idiotic piles of parts that have NOTHING to do with the car they supposedly go on

you will never find a turbo kit for this car sold anywhere, except one that someone has pieced together themselves on www.j-body.org

you have to get the parts yourself and make it work. turbocharging isn't for newbs.

I Know :P I wasnèt ever really planning on getting one from ebay i just wanted to know if they were the real thing or not :P Thanks
Hellfire5670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
That's most likely a low quality chinese made turbo or something. You wont find a brand new high quality turbo for the price of that entire "turbo kit"

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #5
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
over half of what's in the picture you won't use.

go to aleromod upgrades and look at the list of parts you need. (except it's outdated and specifically about the 2.4L)
Old 01-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #6
Hellfire5670
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiwnath View Post
That's most likely a low quality chinese made turbo or something. You wont find a brand new high quality turbo for the price of that entire "turbo kit"

Exactly what i was thinking! I know theres one for 5000 But is there anymore?
Old 01-20-2012, 12:39 PM   #7
[ion] C2
636 whp

dude, it cost $1300 for me to turbo my car, and i bought more than i needed because it was the first time i ever turbo'd and didn't know.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:41 PM   #8
Hellfire5670
GL Member

Quote:
dude, it cost $1300 for me to turbo my car, and i bought things i didn't need because it was the first time i ever turbo'd.

I have the 3400 i could probably build my own for a bit cheaper...?
Old 01-20-2012, 12:43 PM   #9
[ion] C2
636 whp

yep, if you know anyone who welds it's a piece of cake. redirect the exhaust manifolds to a turbo flange. i'll find pictures for you later, i'm at work.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:47 PM   #10
Hellfire5670
GL Member

Quote:
yep, if you know anyone who welds it's a piece of cake. redirect the exhaust manifolds to a turbo flange. i'll find pictures for you later, i'm at work.

Ok great with a little help then i think i really can do this, i have a family full of welders including myself, and a friend that has turbo'd a few cars