Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 04-10-2011, 09:39 PM   #1
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
general car question

i believe i have a gls coupe. its fully loaded with a 3400, 16" polished aluminum wheels, leather, sunroof, etc. my last alero was the mid level one (its the one in my signature). will my new car have better suspension performance? i never looked but doesnt the fully loaded car have a rear sway bar? i know my last one didnt.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:36 AM   #2
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
i have an 01 gls, fully loaded of course.. no rear sway bar i have seen, but when i first got the car i looked up some stuff about it and it said it comes with sport suspension.. from what i remember.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #3
$hawn
GX Member

$hawn is on a distinguished road
I have a 99 gl and it has a rear sway bar, I don't see why yours wouldn't.
$hawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:36 PM   #4
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Idk I know I don't have one
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:50 PM   #5
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
you have one. its somewhat tucked up there
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

alero_bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:05 PM   #6
AZFire316
GL Member

AZFire316 is on a distinguished road
GLS=FE3 suspension, pretty decent.
AZFire316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:01 AM   #7
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
The FE3 suspension was optional on the GLS. You'd have to check out your service parts identification label on the underside of the spare tire cover.

All models however have a rear anti-roll bar from the factory.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:31 AM   #8
sleepyalero
GLS member

suppose i have one then, just never seen/ or thought of looking for it.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-12-2011, 01:41 AM   #9
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
The FE3 suspension was optional on the GLS. You'd have to check out your service parts identification label on the underside of the spare tire cover.

All models however have a rear anti-roll bar from the factory.

While we're on this subject.......

I swapped the GLS 16 inch rims and tires for the 15s on the GX my son is now driving. The 16s weigh 5 pounds more each than the 15s. Will this put undue stress on the suspension? The power steering and brake system seems to be a lighter duty build.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:43 AM   #10
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroB888 View Post
While we're on this subject.......

I swapped the GLS 16 inch rims and tires for the 15s on the GX my son is now driving. The 16s weigh 5 pounds more each than the 15s. Will this put undue stress on the suspension? The power steering and brake system seems to be a lighter duty build.

The brakes are the same aside from the rear drums and static proportioning (if it doesn't have ABS). The only difference in the power steering is the lack of the variable effort feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
suppose i have one then, just never seen/ or thought of looking for it.

Looks like this...
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 03:11 AM   #11
sleepyalero
GLS member

oh yup i got one lol thanks cliff
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote: