Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 04-15-2011, 07:25 AM   #1
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
dont really know where to start with this one

made a rolling right hand stop through an intersection this morning and all of a sudden that starts skipping horribly and i noticed that speedo was going way up around 90 or higher. i was probably doing only 15 at the time if not less, skipped for about 3 secounds and had no power, came out of it and drove the next 500 ft to work no problem, checked codes and have heatperformance, switching performance and i think a secound switching performance but a differnt code number for bank one sensor one O2. i know the O2 is dead sence all the coolant going trhough the exhaust but i didnt think it would cause something like this. any ideas?
Old 04-15-2011, 07:38 AM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Fix what you know is wrong first, always. Then see what symptoms arise or go away and plan your next move.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:10 AM   #3
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Fix what you know is wrong first, always. Then see what symptoms arise or go away and plan your next move.

Don't listen to this crap...you need a new engine and transmission...

Just kidding. Just like Chris said; You should try to fix what is evident and start with the cheap parts if possible.

Have a good day
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:01 PM   #4
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
replaced the o2 sensor and my ses lights off now. i also reprogramed the pcm with the newest calibration from gm. i guess ill see if it happens again.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:43 PM   #5
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

something else thats really bugging me is when i fill up the fuel the car wont start afterwords. it will start then stall. i have to have my foot on the gas to keep it running. its done this all three times i added fuel. i removed the gas cap and tried starting it and it started fine. it has something to do with fuel going into the tank. i have yet to try fueling up with the engine running. any ideas on that?
Old 04-15-2011, 05:47 PM   #6
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Hell. Might as well check your filters and if it still happens may be a pump or something like low pressure in the rail

Have a good day
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:53 PM   #7
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

but wouldnt both of those do it all the time and not ONLY when i fill up?
Old 04-15-2011, 06:01 PM   #8
Lucalare
GLS member

Lucalare is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lucalare
Hmm, I know that there's a vacuum line that runs from the tank to the engine, has to do with evap control. If you have the gas cap off that becomes ineffective. Maybe it's pulling too much fuel right after you fuel up, so your mixture is rich, so you need to hit the throttle and let more air in to get it right.

If that is the problem, however, I have no idea how to go about fixing it.
Lucalare is offline   Reply With Quote