Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 12-11-2005, 10:56 PM   #1
violentrapture
V.I.P. Member

violentrapture is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to violentrapture
Ok, so I set about doing some work tonight - my plans were to hook up the new amp and EQ. I got the amp installed and all the speakers wired up to it, but hit a snag when I went to install the EQ. It's a Cadence CEQ810, and on the back it has a single female RCA pair for line in and 3 female RCA pairs for front/rear/sub out. Here are my questions:

1. My head unit has front/rear/sub RCA female outs - which one do I run to the EQ line in?

2. There are these "High level input" wires on the back - from what I can make out in the manual, those are used only if you don't use RCA connections and need to wire directly into the speaker wires - is this correct? (in my case, I would just cap them off and not use them?)

3. There are 4 other other wires on the back - Battery, Ground, Remote and Acc. - can I splice those into the head unit wiring harness wires? If so, how do I found out which wires are which? I looked in the head unit manual, but it doesn't have a pinout.

I do believe that's it - one other thing... I went from an Audiobahn A230X to an Avionixx AXA 440.4 and holy epileptic fit Batman - it made a 100% difference! I can crank it up to a pain threshold without anything distorting now. I took a bunch of pictures while I was wiring everything and was thinking about doing a "How to install a 4 channel amp" for the How-to section on the forums.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:14 PM   #2
violentrapture
V.I.P. Member

violentrapture is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to violentrapture
Well, I just went splicing and dicing and waited with breath held to see what would happen. To answer my own questions, in case anybody else has similar issues:

1. I just ran from the front RCA outs on the head unit to the EQ line in - when I thought about it logically... it's still sending the full signal out.

2. High level inputs don't really do anything if you use RCA connectors - I just capped them off.

3. Same here - it was like i though - I just crimped into the head unit wiring harness - the wires were all labeled when I started looking at them.

Anyways, enough of my rambling

~vR