Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 04-12-2007, 07:58 PM   #1
antichrysler
GLS member

antichrysler is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to antichrysler
Carputer

So for some reason I have inherited a USB GPS adapter. So you guys can already see where this is going. Anyways I have a laptop that's similar to a tablet PC... it's got a 12" screen and can flip to be flush with itself. It's about 0.5" thick.

So I was thinking of making a carputer with it. I just don't know where to mount it. Any ideas?
antichrysler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:20 PM   #2
number1alero
GL Member

number1alero is an unknown quantity at this point
better off doing it right and just getting the touchscreen deal and everything...I had a 7" touchscreen w/ Windows XP running in my car for a while, had GPS, all my music, etc....but got tired of it when it had no real use for other than really the music...

i really think its overrated until you get into some major engine mods that you wanna monitor and all, then its very useful for up to the minute info
number1alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:29 AM   #3
antichrysler
GLS member

antichrysler is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to antichrysler
Well I plan on getting an in-dash touch screen, wiring my Sirius to that, and using a bluetooth adapter for handsfree on my cell phone. I also planning on loading a few movies on to it so those long road trips won't be so long anymore.

For the mean time I plan on travelling a bit of rural alberta so I wouldn't mind having a GPS system to know where I'm going.

As for engine mods, I have no intention of doing anything. I'm more inclined to saving up my money and buying something else. I've made it my goal that in 3 years I can buy a brand new Mitsubishi Eclipse on debit.
antichrysler is offline   Reply With Quote