Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Regional Discussions & Meets > South

Old 09-15-2004, 08:56 PM   #21
jamcllw
GLS member

jamcllw is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks that makes me feel real great with my parents living about 45 minutes north of you. Is there anytouching down in Jackson County that you know of.
jamcllw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 11:14 PM   #22
ImSoBored
GL Member

ImSoBored is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ImSoBored
Yeah Im sure glad its not hitting the east or west coast, we're all hurricaned out.

Ivan has had gusts of over 200mph, so its gunna suck for whom ever gets hit
Old 09-15-2004, 11:17 PM   #23
Grouch

Yeah, but yall have another in the works that will come through if it does form into a hurricane.
Old 09-16-2004, 12:14 AM   #24
blueyezalero

Crazy summer this year. I saw on tv they closed South Padre Island beaches. Then they said some bouys in Gulf Coast had measured waves at 6 stories high. that next one is Jean and it's supposed to hit Florida.
Old 09-17-2004, 11:42 AM   #25
flalero

Quote:
Originally posted by jamcllw@Sep 15 2004, 06:56 PM
Thanks that makes me feel real great with my parents living about 45 minutes north of you. Is there anytouching down in Jackson County that you know of.
Yeah, I think I heard of some touching down in Jackson county. Actually most of them started up in Gulf county and headed northwest. Right now, I am hearing about 13 people killed in Bay County and about $30 million worth of damage in Bay county. Actually, Wewahitchka and Marianna took the brunt of the tornadoes. I heard of a mile wide path of destruction near the Marianna area. Hopefully, your parents made it through all right. Most of the people in the Panhandle are still without electricity, so this might make it hard to reach them.
Old 09-17-2004, 12:20 PM   #26
jamcllw
GLS member

jamcllw is an unknown quantity at this point
I talked to them yesterday. They actually live like 10-15 minutes north of Marianna. All of my family is alright but they are out of power still. That mile wide destruction you are talking about had my dad's job right smack in the middle of it and it's destoyed.
jamcllw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 04:52 PM   #27
AleroAngel83

There was just an alert on Weatherbug, apparently we've got a tornado warning up here in MD, and its supposed to be pretty nasty... I didn't think Ivan would ride the coast all the way up here, but I guess I was wrong, huh? <_<
Old 09-17-2004, 05:23 PM   #28
flalero

Well, it's good to here that everyone is doing good. Hopefully, they can get power back soon. To everyone else in the path of the remnants of Ivan, I only hope and pray it's not nearly as bad as it was down here.
Old 09-17-2004, 05:28 PM   #29
cutelilcntrygrl
I love boobs

cutelilcntrygrl is an unknown quantity at this point
We didn't get as much with Ivan as we did with Frances and Charlie but we did get about 8 inches of rain today. The wind was awful. Flash floods are the only thing we have to worry about now. That and tree limbs all over the roads. Glad everyone is ok though.

http://www.myspace.com/smr612
cutelilcntrygrl is offline   Reply With Quote