Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 01:54 PM   #41
bigd6983

o thats right, hes getting me confused now, can we just break it down for him. you can get our car runnin 14's prolly with some major nitrous a turbo setup and some other minor work, but thats prolly as far as your going to get oldsmobile is not in the spotlight for its fast cars, so if you want a 14 second car id say go for it, but if your looking for 9's......you need to start thinkin about another car to work with

Old 04-27-2004, 01:55 PM   #42
nex

i got a question tho. Your freind with the 500hp mustang is his only mod an intake and exhaust too?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Old 04-27-2004, 02:17 PM   #43
Molson
V.I.P. Member

Molson is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Molson Send a message via MSN to Molson
Wanna run a 9? Not a problem.

Strap a JATO rocket to your trunk.

Stage.

At green, mash the gas, pull the pin, and hang the **** on.
Old 04-27-2004, 02:28 PM   #44
Grouch

/\ LMAO /\

Old 04-27-2004, 02:54 PM   #45
a2k
GX Member

a2k is an unknown quantity at this point
that was great Molson :thumbsup:
Old 04-27-2004, 02:56 PM   #46
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

ptrudel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ptrudel
lol
Old 04-27-2004, 03:00 PM   #47
flalero

Like Naich said, let's stop bashing and start educating. I run 9.7 in the 1/8 mile, which translates to low 15's, and if I'm lucky, high 14's in the quarter mile. I have a CAI, full exhaust with removed cat and silencer, Mass air flow translator, and Auto Trans interceptor, all of this on a much stronger motor that the Ecotec, the 3.4. I have easily smoked every cavy, sunfire, grandam, alero, and non-gtp grand prixs that I have raced. I'm not saying I can beat every car out there, because there are quite a few cars on this site that would smoke me. So, if you think you're running in the 14's with a near stock ecotec alero, more power to you. However, get us some time slips from your local track as some proof. Let me tell you a story. I had a friend in Cali that drove a late 80's Celica GT-S. He put a bunch of money into that car, cams, head work, etc. The car felt like it was strong, until we went to the track. He ran a 23 sec run! He had no traction issues, the car was just slow. Hell, my stock, non-turbo RX-7 ran a 16.3 that same night. If you want to shoot for the 9's with the ecotec, it is possible. There is (I believe) a tube frame cavy or sunfire running in the import drags that is in the nines. That is lot of money to spend though. Making it into the nines with an auto alero would be hard. The auto makes the car quicker in the 1/4 because it gives consistent shifts, not because it shifts quicker. Trust me I've seen some guys shift a five speed so fast you couldn't even tell it shifted.

Old 04-27-2004, 03:07 PM   #48
bigd6983

amen flalero, everything well said. but the 9 second dream I think will remain a dream, hes only got 3 G'z to spend, other then that everything was well put and I think we can end this topic.

Old 04-27-2004, 03:10 PM   #49
vodkaslut85

wow, this is getting out of hand, if he has a zetec motor runnin' 14's in his alero, then I did a "custom swap" and put a boeing 747 motor under my camaro's hood, and I was runnin' in the low 2's!!! lol...why do people listen to their friends, make your own decisions kid...and if u dont' trust us, go to any GM certified mechanic and they will explain it, but if u don't want us to flame you , then don't ask for it.

Old 04-27-2004, 03:34 PM   #50
flalero

man, don't you guys get it. maybe the kids new to cars a doesn't know a lot. He join this site and we bash him. Come on, quit bashing and lets do some "edumacation".

Old 04-27-2004, 03:49 PM   #51
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

with alot of money anything is possible...but yeah, runnin 9's is pretty much always gonna be a dream...
Old 04-27-2004, 03:51 PM   #52
yiddishbdg

Please some one close and delete this thread or else i'm gonna go crazy and get kicked off this site.

Old 04-27-2004, 03:57 PM   #53
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

yiddishbdg, i agree with u, cuz this is gonna get out of hand and maybe discourage newbies to post anymore...
Old 04-27-2004, 04:06 PM   #54
14secALERO

ok listen guys stop bashing me please all i want to do is my research so i dont waste my money trying to go faster like many of you did

i beat a civic with twin cams and vtech last friday and those run 14's so i must be in the 14's too. there is a cavalier that runs 8's and a sunfire that runs 9's and they both have ecotechs also there is a saturn with a girl driving that runs 7.70's i am pretty sure that has a ecotech as well. and remember thats 7.70's with a girl driving if a guy was driving it would easily be in the 6's

i have made up my mind that i am going to get nos for my car, from what i understand that is simple and cheap and i will be pretty close to my goal of 9's and ill stay within my budgit.

Old 04-27-2004, 04:14 PM   #55
jamcllw
GLS member

jamcllw is an unknown quantity at this point
You poor naive little boy. The only reason you get bashed on is when you post stupid stuff like that.

A stock 2000 civic si will run around 15.7 1/4 mile times. And any ecotec that can run 8 and 9 second 1/4's probably isn't street legal and they would have to have $20000 easily invested in motor alone.

Good luck if you really think you can get into the 9's with $3000 please share with the rest of us because you definatly know something that the rest of us don't.
Old 04-27-2004, 04:15 PM   #56
Grouch

okay locked. It was a bit of fun while it lasted.

Bottom line is that it's going to take quite a bit of work to get your car into the 14's. I wouldn't even consider the 9's unless you are gonna go all out drag. See these two articles for info on GM's Performance Cars using the Ecotec:
http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/02...ral/index.html
http://www.year2032.com/ecotec.htm You will never get into the 9's with your budget.

I don't think a stock VTEC Civic will run 14's, but I may be wrong. It also depends on the driver. If he normally runs 14's, he may have missed a shift or something while racing you. I don't know.

As far as the Cavy's, Sunfire's and Saturn, there is no way in hell they are running those times in the 1/4, maybe in the 1/8-mile. What does it matter if a girl or guy is driving it? Why would the guy be faster???

With the NOS I wouldn't go anymore than a 50 or 75-shot. Anymore without reinforcing the bottom end and you may get into trouble. Even it won't get you into the 9's, high 14's maybe.

Now if all of your times and discussion is in regards to a 1/8-mile drag and not a 1/4-mile drag, then some of these times would be more plausible.

But for now I'm going to lock this thread before it gets out of hand. If you have any other specific info or questions feel free to start a new thread. :thumbsup:

Closed Thread