Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 11-24-2003, 02:41 AM   #1
StealthAlero

It first started going off about once every 3 days when i put my cold air intake on, and thats around the same day when it started to snow. Now i just put my exhaust on and its coming on like crazy, mostly when my car isn't warmed up yet. But the weather has just dropped increasingly and its snowing alot harder. Do you guys think its a cowincidince with the weather or the mods are setting them off or the light is just really sensitive. I talked to some of the guys at the GM dealership, and i told them my coolant level is good, and they said they've had a couple cars come in because their coolant lights just light up non-stop in the winter, and its nothing to be afraid of.

The light does not stay on, and i really think its just the cold air, but what do you guys think?
Old 11-24-2003, 12:58 PM   #2
3.4Alero

If the coolant level IS OK, i.e. not down even a little bit, then I would be really pissed off that they tell you just to not worry about it. There is something wrong, and, especially if you are under warranty, MAKE them fix it. JMHO.
Old 11-24-2003, 05:11 PM   #3
StealthAlero

These guys in juneau are not very professional and only like to help me when they'res big money at stake.
Old 11-24-2003, 07:07 PM   #4
crazykid

id definently get it checked out and/or fixed... weather its the light or not.. either way it shouldn't be happening.. but it could be a big problem
Old 11-25-2003, 11:53 AM   #5
3.4Alero

Are you still under warranty?
Old 11-26-2003, 12:24 PM   #6
3400SFI

You have an intake manifold gasket leak for sure. Go have it fixed unless ytou have the nads to try and do it yourself.
Old 11-26-2003, 12:43 PM   #7
alerosport.com

any one had this fixed? alerady with the new gasket they made?

cuz yesterday my light came on for maby a second or two.... and then went off nothen sinces... i had this fixed about 10,000 miles ago non warranty but got GM to pay for the $800
Old 11-26-2003, 12:46 PM   #8
3.4Alero

Not to jack the thread, but did you get it fixed with the newer version of the gasket?
Old 11-26-2003, 12:54 PM   #9
misslindseysue

I just had mine fixed with the newer gasket (~3,500 miles ago). Last time Overdrive and his dad were changing the oil, they noticed it was stained again. I thought the dealer had cleaned it off when they replaced it, but now it's clean again, and we'll see if it is really leaking, or just dirty. No lights or anything, but I never got that the first time, caught it early, I guess.