Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > New Member Introductions

Old 06-08-2011, 04:36 PM   #1
scottdean13
GX Member

scottdean13 is on a distinguished road
Cool 2003 Alero

Hey guy's, im new to this site and am looking for your advice and i will give as many details as possible. i got my 2003 3.4l v6 alero about 3 weeks ago and curently has an extremly strong running 170k on the engine i will be posting pictures soon. i am looking to make it into a car i can bring to drag races and be able to do decently so what i am saying is i would like to be able to get as much power outta this v6 as possible. onlything i have on it right now is and unfinished CAI as it is still sitting in the engine bay colleccting all the warm air, i plan on moveing it to somewhere cooler once i get all of my other mods done. i plan on porting both the upper and lower intakes to 65mm and get a 65mm TB when i replace my intake gastkets. i also plan on etheir porting or just buying new exhaust manifold, new 52 pound gas jets to compinsate for the increased airflow and possibly a chip depending on if theres any worth whie ones made for the aleos.after all this is done possibly a turbo. plz post any other worthwhile mods you think would give me that little bit of an extra edge or just post your opinion on my planed mods.
scottdean13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:40 PM   #2
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
CAI goes into the bumper on our cars, pipe runs down by the battery down in front of the wheel well
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:44 PM   #3
scottdean13
GX Member

yeh ive already taken out that plastic tube that was in there, im just waiting to get th 65 TB so i can get the pipes a bit bigger then the 3in i have now, then ill finish th CAI and itll be sitting at the left corner of the front bumper.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:44 PM   #4
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
Welcome fellow Canadian! There are no "chips" for Aleros. You just need software and hardware that connects to your car's OBD2 port to change the factory computer settings accordingly to what you decide to do to your car. HP Tuners is a popular choice on here and it has a lot of support.

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:45 PM   #5
scottdean13
GX Member

thanks for the greeting , but since its around $400 would it be a better idea to take it into a dyno and get it custom tuned by a pro?
Old 06-08-2011, 04:56 PM   #6
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Not really, since every mod you do can benifit from tuning.

The P&P manis along with the 65mm TB is a great start. Make sure that the upper is ported to accept a 65mm TB otherwise, it's a waste.

The injectors, if your staying NA, going bigger than 28# is also a waste. Unless you put a cam it that the car isn't going to be streetable anyway

Check out www.wottech.com

You don't have to be "fast" to run at the track. I've ran my Alero when it was a 16.2 second car and I'm still running it now when it's running 14.53

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:03 PM   #7
scottdean13
GX Member

well i dont plan on getting a new cam, so your saying 28# injectors would be idle for what i want to do?
Old 06-08-2011, 07:00 PM   #8
That01Olds
GLS member

That01Olds is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the site man.
2005 Mazda6 S Wagon 3.0L V6 (MZI) (Sold).
2013 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan 2.0L I4 (Skyactiv-G) (Sold).
2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 2.2L I4 (LE8) (Sold).
1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 3.5L Twin Cam V6 (LX5) (Sold).
2001 Oldsmobile Alero GL 2.4L (LD9) (Sold).
That01Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:17 PM   #9
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdean13 View Post
well i dont plan on getting a new cam, so your saying 28# injectors would be idle for what i want to do?

WIth the 28# injectors, your pretty much maxed out with a stock cam, anymore is overkill. Plus you will need tuning after installing them. Not worth it without tuning

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:12 PM   #10
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome! We do have a new Members Introduction Area here:

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:43 PM   #11
bkathsalero
GL Member

bkathsalero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bkathsalero
Like Redog said injectors are overkill. I would also suggest you just buy a bench motor to build, pick up one from a junk yard and go through it all and then swap in when the time is right. Seeing as you have 170k on your block its not a wise choice to start piss pounding it at the track, I'm guessing its also your daily driver, Its gunna suck to go to the track on a saturday spin a bearing and not have a car for work on monday. Whats your budget as of now for mods?
Old 06-08-2011, 10:48 PM   #12
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome Scott, we are glad you made it here.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:00 PM   #13
Stain
GX Member

Stain is on a distinguished road
welcome to the site fellow noob

Stain is offline   Reply With Quote