Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 03-16-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
3.4 Pacesetter Headers

I ordered a brand spankin' new set of ceramic coated headers, gaskets and locking bolts from WOT-TECH and I am excited to see how they look/feel/sound. As far as I know, no one else has installed a set so I will play the guinea pig for this. As much as I would like to wait for the WOT-TECH brand, I lack the skills and equipment to keep my car running indefinitely. So I would like to see what can had with what is available.

With the CAI, headers, high flow cat, pacesetter exhaust and upcoming billet mount I am looking into some dyno tuning as well. Probably cheaper to buy a tuner but I cannot risk damaging my daily driver.

More to follow.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:39 PM   #2
hok666
GLS member

hok666 is an unknown quantity at this point
must have install pics or thread useless................... . . . . . . .. .. .. . .
hok666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:40 PM   #3
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Hence the "more to follow." Have to get it first.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:11 PM   #4
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
I want a vid to see how the pacesetter exhaust sounds. Cause as it is now I love how it sounds. Been wondering what it will sound Like with headers.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:42 AM   #5
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

Will do. They have youtube vids with only the exhaust and how it sounds. If you look up the "exhaust" thread I made people have posted examples.

I just want to build up the anticipation. But I think it will be a couple weeks before it comes in, then the install time.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:48 AM   #6
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
You should do a before and after dyno results.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:06 PM   #7
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
Hope they turn out to be good.

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:19 PM   #8
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderWiFi View Post
Will do. They have youtube vids with only the exhaust and how it sounds. If you look up the "exhaust" thread I made people have posted examples.

I just want to build up the anticipation. But I think it will be a couple weeks before it comes in, then the install time.

Oh okay ill look later. I looked on youtube couldn't find a 3.4 with headers and pacesetter exhaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
You should do a before and after dyno results.

X2
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:14 PM   #9
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

Not a bad idea. I will have to figure out how to post videos though...

I was not able to find any videos with the pacesetter headers AND exhaust. But they do have videos of just the exhaust. I am pleased with how mine sounds and looks.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:17 PM   #10
sleepyalero
GLS member

Yeah I have the exhaust on my car and love how it sounds. Just wonder how it will sound with pacesetter headers.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-19-2011, 11:06 PM   #11
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

Here's the first look at them. I plan to have them installed on Monday. Does someone know how to upload video? I could shoot a short one, e-mail it to them, and they could upload it.

Here is a question though: I purchased separate gaskets from Ben that are individual to cover each port. Pacesetter sent gaskets that cover three ports at a time. You can see them as the blue single ones, and the two black ones. I am unsure of which ones to use or which would make a better seal.

Also, the bag of bolts has locking bolts to seal the parts together to the engine better. This is the ceramic coated version of the pacesetter. I thought about sending it out to have it coated, but Ben had told me that pacesetter's ceramic coating worked very well (175 extra) so the saving of shipping costs and money to have it aftermarket coated seemed like it would be a lot more.

More to follow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0418.jpg (58.0 KB, 328 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0419.jpg (65.4 KB, 322 views)
Old 03-20-2011, 12:18 AM   #12
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Conceptually, their downpipe setup looks better than the other options that used to be available.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:16 PM   #13
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

How so?
Old 03-20-2011, 11:29 PM   #14
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Well, look at the S&S...

or TOG...

It just looks like the way the pacesetters come together at the 3 collectors would promote some better flow.... Now just if there was someone who could actually test it.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 12:09 AM   #15
sleepyalero
GLS member

looks good, cant wait to see it. i would say whichever gasket you use is really up to you. im not sure which is better, but Ben wouldn't give gaskets that wouldnt work or seal correctly.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by sleepyalero : 03-21-2011 at 12:12 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:13 AM   #16
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

I'm pretty excited. Either going to put them in tomorrow or Tuesday. Depends on how long my guy says it takes to do the job. Anyone have an approximation of time from previous install? It comes with a list of to-do's for installation and if the list is accurate, seems like a longer job.

How would something like this be tested? I would imagine that pacesetter would have done that prior to putting something out. Otherwise, why not just sell the stock tubes?
Old 03-21-2011, 12:29 AM   #17
sleepyalero
GLS member

well my buddy put headers on his gfs tiburon gt. i was there the whole time, it was a little over 6 hours. lol

also you could just put the video on youtube, and just leave us all the link to get to it.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-21-2011, 08:43 AM   #18
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
You need to dyno, before you put the headers on, and then after too.....
Old 03-21-2011, 08:45 AM   #19
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
Well, look at the S&S...

or TOG...

It just looks like the way the pacesetters come together at the 3 collectors would promote some better flow.... Now just if there was someone who could actually test it.

With designs so similar, it's funny how on most of the dynos i've seen the s&s made a couple more peak HP, but TOG had a more linear curve....
Old 03-21-2011, 11:37 AM   #20
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

Unfortunately, I won't have a before and after dyno per installation. I messaged a company here about their rates but I have not heard anything back. I am not even sure if El Paso has a place with dyno tuning. Which is surprising...considering how many ricers run around here.

Unfortunately they don't make s&s or TOG anymore so I can't get too bent out of shape for which is better until Ben puts his product out. Until then, this is the best thing out there for our 3.4s.