Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

View Poll Results: When should i drop the engine in?
As soon as i get it 33 55.00%
Wait till spring/end of snow 27 45.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2009, 10:22 PM   #1
Caboose73

Coupe turbo project

Well i decided to make a thread in the showcase so i can have a full time line of my build for everyone to see and comment on.Well my build wouldnt be half of what it is without the help from Marcus(OEM) over on j-body (Very good guy to do business with).Hes the one doing my engine build and alot of other custom goodies down the road.The start of this crazy build is a 1999 2.4L coupe that i bought from tr4v1sf so on to the pics.

The day i picked it up

Finally got it off the trailer at my house

Now to the good stuff the engine rebuild which includes:
9.1 Wiesco Pistons
2.3 Oil Pump
P&P Head
Bore 20 Over
SS valves (1mm over)
LMZ stage 2 cams Valve Lift INTAKE 260* - 377 EXHAUST 268* - 375
Bronze Valves Guides
Machine Block for 2.3
Rebuild Head
Boil Block
Arp Main bolts
Arp Head studs
Stiffer mantapart springs
Eagle Forged Rods
Cometic Head gasket

All the parts laid out
Head gasket
.20 over bore 9:1comp Wiseco pistons
Eagle H beam rods
LMZ stage 2 cams Valve Lift INTAKE 260* - 377 EXHAUST 268* - 375
1mm over sized valves
New springs
Old 07-02-2009, 10:32 PM   #2
Caboose73

Now the Engine build part

Spare LD9
Dirty dirty head
Just a little dirty

Oil pan modified for the 2.3 oil pump
Finished pan with my oil drain bung welded on

Head back from being P&P

I should have pics of the block up this weekend
Old 07-03-2009, 12:16 AM   #3
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
honestly with all the work you are putting into the motor your cams seem pretty weak sauce to me......
Old 07-03-2009, 10:04 PM   #4
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
maybe he wants drivability?
Old 07-03-2009, 10:56 PM   #5
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
caint wait to help you install this bad boy! got new HL's for the coupe yet?
Old 07-03-2009, 11:12 PM   #6
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
honestly with all the work you are putting into the motor your cams seem pretty weak sauce to me......

LZM Stage 2 are amazing according to those who have 'em
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:50 PM   #7
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
maybe compared to stock, but overall, the numbers just seem fairly weak, I would expect something in the 500 plus range for lift.....
Old 07-04-2009, 12:42 AM   #8
worknprog.99
GLS member

worknprog.99 is on a distinguished road
well the title says "turbo coupe project".. maybe this stuff is building up to hold massivee turbo boost?
worknprog.99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:12 AM   #9
Caboose73

ya this is going to be my dd so i didnt want an extreme cam so i found a middle ground between the secret cams and w41
Old 07-04-2009, 09:03 AM   #10
jrim
GL Member

jrim is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jrim
Cool, lookin forward to seein a final project out of this, looks like this project has some major potential.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:03 PM   #11
kwhauck
2Screwy

i hated having the alero as a project and dd, it is so much easier when alero is just a project and if it's down i don't have to worry about getting to and from places.......
Old 07-05-2009, 04:08 PM   #12
Caboose73

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
i hated having the alero as a project and dd, it is so much easier when alero is just a project and if it's down i don't have to worry about getting to and from places.......

its not my dd now but it will be when im done
Old 07-07-2009, 10:24 PM   #13
Caboose73

Well i think i might change my mind and go with the M62 insted of a turbo
Old 07-07-2009, 11:08 PM   #14
kwhauck
2Screwy

why? funds short?
Old 07-07-2009, 11:11 PM   #15
worknprog.99
GLS member

worknprog.99 is on a distinguished road
yes why?! turbo is way better
worknprog.99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:44 PM   #16
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by worknprog.99 View Post
yes why?! turbo is way better

i wouldn't go that far.....
Old 07-08-2009, 04:01 AM   #17
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Alerosaint is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alerosaint Send a message via Yahoo to Alerosaint
Good luck with the manifold for the 62
Old 07-08-2009, 06:48 PM   #18
Caboose73

Funds are fine i was just brain storming ideas and i might go with the M62.The manifold wont be a problem and id like to have instant boost i still have to look into the max hp out put of the M62 before i got making any definite choices.Id like to here peoples thoughts on it but i dont want to hear "turbos are way better cause i like them" id like FACTS im shooting for 350-400whp with full suporting mods like meth injection,3inch exhaust,a/w h/e,stand alone,suspension & drive train upgrades.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:20 PM   #19
adam337
GLS member

adam337 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to adam337
why not just get both?
Lonnie: How would she feel if I took the booty one of the ladies has offered up.. What am I going to say... It's not my fault some gifts are better then others.
adam337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:15 PM   #20
kwhauck
2Screwy

stand alone suspension? as in you don't have to hold them, don't they always stand alone...

also if you are doing a hEaton with a custom manifold why not look into different blowers? whipple i may suggest.. so much more effecient and they thrive on high boost, think 18-25psi....

also please no matter what blower you use, try to integrate a w2a intercooler before you resort to meth injection..

also look into e85 tuning, race gas for pump gas price