Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 04-23-2013, 09:09 PM   #1
03gxeco
GL Member

03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute
aftermarket seat mount

Sorry if this is measy im a little intox. Can somrone please explain the process of making brackets for "sport seats" im seriously consideribg getting aftermRket seats that go with my color scheme. Blue/silver either way it has ti have blue on it (fav color). Thanks in advancr
Old 04-23-2013, 09:19 PM   #2
04PONTIACGA
GL Member

04PONTIACGA is on a distinguished road
I've never done this before, but I would use the factory tracks(might have to do some hacking and welding) and fabricate mountss for the new seats to accept the tracks. Really though, why don't you just get new covers made to match your theme?
04PONTIACGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:22 PM   #3
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Mfuller can chime in on this.

And be safe drunk ass
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:41 PM   #4
spc2125
GLS member

spc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03gxeco View Post
Sorry if this is measy im a little intox. Can somrone please explain the process of making brackets for "sport seats" im seriously consideribg getting aftermRket seats that go with my color scheme. Blue/silver either way it has ti have blue on it (fav color). Thanks in advancr

Check out my alero!
Aleromod Showcase Video
spc2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:18 AM   #5
03gxeco
GL Member

03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
Mfuller can chime in on this.

And be safe drunk ass

Fortunatly for me i was not drunk, i hate hangovers. Id say more tipsy. Haha glad i gave you guys a chuckle. Seat covers are nice but to find a set that fit properly and look good enough would be a tragic failure

I will be stopping in my buddys upholstry shop soon to see if he can do something with my factory seats
Old 04-24-2013, 09:20 AM   #6
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
i think that is more what they were talking about getting custom fabric used to upholster the seats
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #7
mfuller

When I mounted my Recaro seats, I used the factory sliders since I wanted to use the factory mounting locations in the floorboard - if the floor was flat, it would've been easier to justify drilling new holes in the floor for aftermarket seat brackets that bolt to the side of the seat (of course then I'd be looking at a racing shell and not a reclining street seat - that would have saved a bunch more weight though).
Anyway, I used some aluminum bar stock to mount the seats to the factory sliders. Since the holes on the bottom of the seat do not line up with holes on the sliders, this was a simple way to adapt things. Basically, the aluminum bar stock bolted onto the seat bottoms. I then took careful measurements to determine the proper location for bolting the bar stock to the sliders. I had to drill new holes in the sliders, and used high-strength fasteners to bolt the bar stock to the sliders. The bar stock raised the seats a negligible 1/4" above the sliders. I did loose the factory power adjustment on the driver's seat, but no big deal. It worked fairly well for a cheap solution.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #8
03gxeco
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfuller View Post
When I mounted my Recaro seats, I used the factory sliders since I wanted to use the factory mounting locations in the floorboard - if the floor was flat, it would've been easier to justify drilling new holes in the floor for aftermarket seat brackets that bolt to the side of the seat (of course then I'd be looking at a racing shell and not a reclining street seat - that would have saved a bunch more weight though).
Anyway, I used some aluminum bar stock to mount the seats to the factory sliders. Since the holes on the bottom of the seat do not line up with holes on the sliders, this was a simple way to adapt things. Basically, the aluminum bar stock bolted onto the seat bottoms. I then took careful measurements to determine the proper location for bolting the bar stock to the sliders. I had to drill new holes in the sliders, and used high-strength fasteners to bolt the bar stock to the sliders. The bar stock raised the seats a negligible 1/4" above the sliders. I did loose the factory power adjustment on the driver's seat, but no big deal. It worked fairly well for a cheap solution.

I will have to see if i can follow your footsteps on that