Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 02-10-2005, 07:53 AM   #1
Alero04

Oki...I have Eurolights and i like em fine and stuff...but in ur guys opinions...what is better for headlights? <_< i love the bright white/blue effect that the Eurolights give me. But is there anything out there that is better? I dont care money wise, I just want to have really nice looking lights at night
let me kno?! im just a girl who doesnt know anything about cars lol!! slowwwwwly learning
Old 02-10-2005, 09:34 AM   #2
johny_boy32
V.I.P. Member

johny_boy32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to johny_boy32
Try Silvania SilverStars...they are highly recommended on this site from everyone that has them including myself. The bulb #'s are 9005 for hi-beams and 9006 for low-beams. You can buy them online at pfyc.com or at a local target. I hope that helps.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:45 AM   #3
Alero04

see i was told by the car freaks around here that that brand sucks! I was told that EuroLights were the best....
cuz I want the best lights. I dont care how much they cost
Old 02-10-2005, 09:49 AM   #4
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
haha, you must be talking to the ricers.... eurolights suck, and eventually they'll fry your headlight harness.
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 09:51 AM   #5
Travis99Alero

Quote:
Originally posted by Alero04@Feb 10 2005, 09:45 AM
see i was told by the car freaks around here that that brand sucks! I was told that EuroLights were the best....
cuz I want the best lights. I dont care how much they cost
then the car freaks in your area are jackasses. silverstars are the best you're gonna find without going to HID's.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:52 AM   #6
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
i would do the HID conversion.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:57 AM   #7
Crolero

Yea get the silverstars, ive got the preimiums they are about the same as the silverstars but not as expensive. but if you've got the cash, go HID.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:06 AM   #8
Super White Alero

Eurolights are decents but they will eventually fire your wiring harness, But if that no biggy then go with Eurolight but make sure they are by EuroEffect, the other seem to fire your harness faster. Or if money really isn't a biggie go HID, and get the 14000, that purple light it gives off, not the brightest light but definately you will get notice.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:09 AM   #9
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
i got silverstars. like em.. but i still don't have my car back. 2 weeks to go...
Old 02-10-2005, 11:30 AM   #10
Alero04

what are HID??
and how much do they cost? see i dunno if id like the purple look....but maybe i dunno
now that u mention something about euro lights....my left one isnt working and when my ex went to see what was wrong he said my 'pigtail?' needs to be replaced?! wtf!!! is that my wiring? :unsure:
Old 02-10-2005, 11:38 AM   #11
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
yes, that means the wiring burnt out from the higher wattage bulb.

Silverstars are the same wattage as stock, so they won't fry the harnesses.

HIDs are the types of lights on more upscale cars. They are very bright, and you will not need to use your high beams any more. They are like $350ish for a cheap conversion. But they won't look as nice withoug a projector retrofit which will cost a lot more.

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 11:41 AM   #12
Alero04

oki...maybe i wont get HID's right NOW....so go with the silver whatever kind?
do euro lights really suck that bad?!?!?!?!
Old 02-10-2005, 11:45 AM   #13
Alero04

omg u have no idea how pissed off i am at my ex boyfriend right now....f*cker told me eurolights were the best and that those silver oens were crap....OMG! issed:
Old 02-10-2005, 11:51 AM   #14
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
yeah, eurolights look pretty nice, but the higher wattage will burn out the harnesses unfortunately. I learned that the hard way multiple times. I've had many many different kinds of lights.... eurolights in blue and purple, some japanese brands, piaa, a real HID conversion, and silverstars. Of the lot, I am currently sticking with the silverstars, and i've had them about a year now.

Silverstars won't look like HID, so don't expect that... but they're just about as nice as eurolights and they won't burn out your harness. Of course they are a bit more expensive than regular bulbs.....

Some guys on here have also reported good results with phillips bulbs, which i might try out this summer.

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 11:54 AM   #15
Alero04

whats the deal with piaa? they any good?
Old 02-10-2005, 11:56 AM   #16
Alero04

my main concern is...i love the way euro lights look at night. i want that same look. i dont want it to look cheap or anything like that. i mean onc ei get the cash ill definately get some HID's but i want the same look at the euro lights gave me.....and i heard piaa is a good name? lol btu then again...its from the car losers in my city :P
Old 02-10-2005, 12:31 PM   #17
rmulax19

the eurolites will burn your harnesses causing a whole lot of frustration and unnecessary hassle.

i'm probably the 8th person to say this. i have seen it happen on more cars than aleros. eurolites look good but they draw so much power that they literally burn the harnesses right up. they are not fun to attempt to replace.

most people who have the slightest idea what they're talking about will tell you that silverstars are the next best thing to HIDs.

pertaining to all of the "car freaks" around your house...i'm willing to bet that one person tried the eurolites, liked them, told everybody that they were the best lights they've ever used,even though they never used any other lights, and that just snowballed into a whole buncha lies.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:36 PM   #18
Alero04

lol!! i think u must live near me by the way u kno how the morons are here.
There is this one huge group who sit in a parking lot of our play theater and they think they know all. I had no idea. Cuz I had asked my ex about those silver ones cuz I remmeber seeing them in our hardware store. and he told me they were poop. that Eurolights are the BEST lights u can get. Ive had them since....May and the left headlight went out in december. my ex wiggled it around and it came back on btu he complained that he got a shock or got burned (LOL looks good on him if u ask me B) ) and it only stayd on for about a few days after he wiggled it around. now its been out ever since. if i had known those silver ones were the best besides HID's i woulda gotten up without asking my moron ex and his loser car freak friends! Im glad i kno now tho! Cuz from what i remember, those silver ones are cheaper then Eurolights too....
btw...how much ARE the silver ones? <_<
Old 02-10-2005, 12:42 PM   #19
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
Quote:
Originally posted by Alero04@Feb 10 2005, 11:30 AM
what are HID??
and how much do they cost? see i dunno if id like the purple look....but maybe i dunno
now that u mention something about euro lights....my left one isnt working and when my ex went to see what was wrong he said my 'pigtail?' needs to be replaced?! wtf!!! is that my wiring? :unsure:
HID's - High Intensity Discharge. they give the best look since yo udindt care moneywise, they will run you anywhere from 300$-700$ and if you dont want to install them yourself you can easily get some help from autozone or a dealership.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:43 PM   #20
Travis99Alero

Quote:
Originally posted by Alero04@Feb 10 2005, 11:45 AM
omg u have no idea how pissed off i am at my ex boyfriend right now....f*cker told me eurolights were the best and that those silver oens were crap....OMG! issed:
he is obviously an idiot then