Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 03-29-2005, 02:05 PM   #221
smlzalero
where my knickers at?

smlzalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks Kurt! Too bad it's gone... I dunno, maybe I just got crappy pinstriping? Mine looked crappy... did anyone else have little white thready stuff comin off of the edges of the vynil?

--UPDATE-- Have 6 months to start paying!
smlzalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 08:12 PM   #222
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by cutelilcntrygrl@Mar 29 2005, 10:27 AM
It shouldn't take more than 2 rolls.

Stealth, just heat it up a little bit and use your finger nail, if you have any. That's how I did mine. Or you could *very gently* run a razor blade over it. Just be sure not to cut the light. And then just peel the pinstripe off.

Good call Marie ! Exactly what she said...and her 2nd suggestion will work for you aswell.

Just to further emphasis on what Marie had suggested:

** Unroll the stripe, then with the paper still covering the adhesive, apply a SMALL amount of heat using a hairdryer set on low, from several inches away. If you can feel a difference in temperature, that's enough. The added heat should allow you to stretch the stripe a little more, thus making it easier to negotiate tighter corners with the vinyl. If you don't want to cut the vinyl while it's on the light, this is definately the way to go.**

Hope this helps ya man. If you need anymore help or clarification, don't hesitate to ask....that's what we're all here for.

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 08:14 PM   #223
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by smlzalero@Mar 29 2005, 02:05 PM
Thanks Kurt! Too bad it's gone... I dunno, maybe I just got crappy pinstriping? Mine looked crappy... did anyone else have little white thready stuff comin off of the edges of the vynil?

I'd "chalk that up to" crappy pinstriping material. There are SO many brands out there, it's truly tough to pinpoint the good and/or bad ones. Sorry that mod didn't turn out for you Sarah, I'm with Kurt...it looked truly badass while it lasted.

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Old 04-01-2005, 08:15 PM   #224
Kurt Zee

FINALLY!!! i got my pinstripes done!! it look pretty good IMO!! the white stripes on a white alero is definately a great mod!! anybody with a white ho, i would suggest stripping your tails!! AND i got a digi camara so i can post pics now.. ..that'll come a little later on when i get on my own computer.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:32 PM   #225
AleroBloke

post some pics kurt, i'm sure we all wanna see.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:32 PM   #226
smlzalero
where my knickers at?

smlzalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, kurt... you can't post pics, now, then , can you? lmao :P

--UPDATE-- Have 6 months to start paying!
smlzalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 08:37 PM   #227
Kurt Zee

yeah i guess your right!! wrong choice of wording on my part.....sorry to lead y'all in the wrong direction!! HA HA HA HA LOL

but it might be a little bit before i can post 'em....i'm at the library on base right now.....so just hold tight and eat some popcorn or somethin! opc1:
Old 04-01-2005, 08:56 PM   #228
AleroBloke

you got it opc1:
Old 04-12-2005, 10:26 PM   #229
alero_ecotec
Special Agent

alero_ecotec is an unknown quantity at this point
anyone done this with a red car?
Old 04-28-2005, 10:44 PM   #230
Blue87
GX Member

Blue87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Blue87
wow looking through this, all you turned ugly tails into nice asses heh... thx to YoungBlood i know exactly what it looks like on a black alero.

This i think has got to be the 2nd best cost:effectiveness ratio (next to clearing corners) Im going to pinstripe it instead of buying A's clear tails and save 180 bucks heh.

Ill keep u guys updated

- 3400 V6 4Door
, DocSpeed Cold Air Intake, White-Faced Guages, Cleared Corners, Pinstriped Tails, "Alero" 3rd Brake Light, Shaved Badges, and handled with care... sometimes
Blue87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 02:59 PM   #231
knowfear

i did mine today. i love the way it turned out. i got a white car and i used the black stripe to match the stripes in my back window. it looks so much better with them done. and for under 10 bucks, you cant stick a shake at that!
Old 05-08-2005, 08:09 PM   #232
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

You're welcome, Blue and knowfear: post some pics bro, I don't think I'm alone in wanting to know what that would look like.

Old 05-08-2005, 08:34 PM   #233
wrightie
V.I.P. Member

wrightie has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Well heres mine. I also did the brake light.
wrightie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 08:51 PM   #234
eag182
V.I.P. Member

eag182 is an unknown quantity at this point
bug eyed
eag182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 10:15 PM   #235
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Is that chrome, or white, wrightie? Looks good though, well-worth the effort either way.

Old 05-08-2005, 10:18 PM   #236
Nik1128

^Judging by other pictures I've seen of his ass, I'd say it's chrome.
Old 05-08-2005, 11:05 PM   #237
Kurt Zee

Quote:
Originally posted by knowfear@May 8 2005, 02:59 PM
i did mine today. i love the way it turned out. i got a white car and i used the black stripe to match the stripes in my back window. it looks so much better with them done. and for under 10 bucks, you cant stick a shake at that!

TAKE SOME PICS!!! i've been thinking about switching to black...but not sure on how it would look.....please post 'em! i want to see yours if you said it looks good.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:55 PM   #238
wrightie
V.I.P. Member

wrightie has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Ya its chrome, Every one who sees it says it looks like bug eyes
wrightie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 05:00 PM   #239
Nik1128

'Cause it does.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:37 PM   #240
knowfear

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurt Zee+May 8 2005, 11:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kurt Zee @ May 8 2005, 11:05 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-knowfear@May 8 2005, 02:59 PM

TAKE SOME PICS!!! i've been thinking about switching to black...but not sure on how it would look.....please post 'em! i want to see yours if you said it looks good.
[/b][/quote]

im workin on it. hopefully in the next day or so i will be getting my camera back.