Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

View Poll Results: Are you interested in the Corvette brake adapter brackets?
Yes 50 74.63%
No 17 25.37%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2010, 08:14 PM   #81
mfuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by strtrydr View Post
That price isn't bad at all ... only question I got is: You say spacer kit ... Is this going to make the wheels sit farther out than stock or just move the caliper position further back/inside the wheel? Reason I ask is since im on air i got to worry about fender clearance (when down/tucked) if this is going to affect wheel position.

Let me know ... really like this whole idea.
It is only used for the spacing/positioning of the caliper.
The track is not affected at all - so it will not push your wheels out and contribute to fender rubbing.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:47 PM   #82
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
Cool thanks for clearing that up for me. I'm interested now so how do we go about getting them? Also, can you ask him just becasue other people will probably want to know to if this if all we need to use the Z06 setup.
strtrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:26 PM   #83
mfuller

I'll let everyone know.
I want to make certain it all bolts up before I say how to buy it, and what extra parts (if any) will be needed for a Z06 setup.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:33 PM   #84
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfuller View Post
I'll let everyone know.
I want to make certain it all bolts up before I say how to buy it, and what extra parts (if any) will be needed for a Z06 setup.

Great ... Thanks again for getting this done.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:47 AM   #85
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfuller View Post
OK, boys and girls.....
A bracket and spacer kit to adapt front C5/C6 calipers and rotors will run only $105.00 from KORE3.
Stainless braided brake lines will be $60.00.
I will be getting all of my other hardware from Tobin, like pads, rotors, and calipers/caliper hardware but for people who want to source their own stuff, I think we can all agree that this is very affordable.
NOTE that this is for a base C6 front brake setup, with 2-piston pin-drive calipers and 325x32mm rotors. It will fit under 17" wheels.
I have not inquired what (if any) other parts are required for Z51 or Z06 brakes.

Awesome price.. As for the Z51 and Z06 setups, they're usually interchangeable. The only thing that would be different is if someone wanted to run a 2 piston caliper on a Z06 rotor.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:46 PM   #86
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

mfuller-

Any updates? ... or pictures
Old 01-10-2011, 06:51 PM   #87
mfuller

Funny you should ask.
I just got an email from Tobin this morning, and paid for my order.
I should get everything in a few days.
After I get everything installed on the car, I will post pictures.
Also, once I have confirmed that everything fits right, Tobin will be publishing eveything on their website: http://www.kore3.com.
Stay tuned......
Old 01-10-2011, 07:33 PM   #88
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

^ Hell yeah ...
Old 01-14-2011, 11:05 AM   #89
mfuller

UPDATE 1/14/2011:

Received this email from Tobin early this morning:

Matt,

I just wanted to let you know that during test fitment of your kit, we found some issues, not with your application but with the C6 Z06 application. We had originally planned on shipping your kit out this week, however we would like to hold onto it for a few more business days so we can resolve our C6 Z06 kits issues while we have the hub and spindle assuming you don’t mind. Sorry for the delay and thanks again for loaning us the spindle and hub…not to mention making it a clean one.

And my response:

That's fine, Tobin.
I'd rather get it all done right the first time.
If you would, please drop me a line when my kit ships.
Thanks!
Old 01-14-2011, 12:48 PM   #90
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

Well that bites that the kit isn't done yet but I completely agree with your response back to them; so I will still sit here waiting patiently for them to get it done the right way.

Thanks for the update.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:50 PM   #91
mfuller

Just an update so everyone kows what's going on.

I had emailed Tobin for an update on 1/23, and here is his reply:

Yes, I think we have gotten things where we need them to be. The issue with the C6 Z06 calipers is that the mounting ears are larger diameter than the steel pad abutment bracket used in the base level and Z51 kits. Based on the orientation, we knew that we would have to remove some material from the lower corner of the knuckle, but we wanted to make sure that we had it minimized as much as possible to make installation as easy as possible.
Your order is packaged and shipping out today, complete with the knuckle/hub/hose you sent as well. You should receive a FedEx tracking number later in the day and the shipment by the end of the week. Thanks again for your patience and please take lots of pictures during every stage of the installation if you don’t mind.

FedEx says my kit should be delivered this Friday.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:09 AM   #92
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

Matt -

Have you gotten your bracket and stuff yet? If so, how does everything look/work for you? That is assuming you have had a chance to unpack/install them.

Let us all know
Old 02-04-2011, 06:27 PM   #93
mfuller

I have gotten everything....there was a slight mix-up and I got 2 of the same front caliper, so Tobin is sending me the correct one.
I tired mocking everything up on my kitchen table about a week ago.....it took a while to figure out, but it looks like everything will work.
Because of the clocking of the caliper, longer brake lines will likely be a necessity. But please be patient and let me get everything bolted on the car, take pictures, etc.
Been kinda busy with work, the cold, and the snow.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:42 PM   #94
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

I understand it's going to take time to get everything setup especially with the weather we have been getting lately. Just wanted to make sure this opportunity doesn't go up in smoke. I can't wait to see the pictures once you get everything going.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:25 PM   #95
mfuller

Okay gents - I finally got a few minutes to bolt these on.
I'll only post one picture here on the forum; if you want you can see the rest of the details on my cardomain page 6.

Old 03-05-2011, 09:28 PM   #96
Ttop191
GLS member

Ttop191 will become famous soon enoughTtop191 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ttop191 Send a message via MSN to Ttop191
^ link to your cardomain?
Old 03-05-2011, 09:30 PM   #97
Ttop191
GLS member

Ttop191 will become famous soon enoughTtop191 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ttop191 Send a message via MSN to Ttop191
nevermind...found it in your profile...
Old 03-05-2011, 09:35 PM   #98
mfuller

So let's get the bad news out of the way first.
1. To maximize clearance so this would fit behind most 17" wheels, the adapter bracket was made in such a way that the caliper is clocked forward on the rotor. This means that you will need longer brake lines; about 15" long (up from the stock 12", and Goodridge 13"). KORE3 can make these for about $60.

2. This particular setup uses 12.8"x1.26" Corvette rotors. Since the Corvette hubs use a vastly different bolt pattern, these have to be drilled for the Alero's smaller 115mm BCD. So if you buy an off-the-shelf Corvette rotor, it won't fit without drilling new holes. As you can see, I opted for standard (plain) rotors. I think even as modified by KORE3, my cost was under $80 per rotor. And they do have directional cooling vanes, so they are side-specific.

3. I haven't moved the car out of the garage in 5 months, so no driving impressions yet. C'MON, SPRING!!!

Oh, here's the link for the rest of the pictures:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/342710...e-alero/page-6
Old 03-05-2011, 10:07 PM   #99
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Those look fabulous Matt! Congrats!!
Old 03-05-2011, 10:09 PM   #100
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Pardon my laziness for not backtracking in the thread... but what makes these better than the previous ways people were going about doing this?

Looks pretty slick (other than CORVETTE) written down the side of an alero's caliper. (its a personal preference, i know)