Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 04-30-2009, 08:51 PM   #21
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad99Olds View Post
so what about the price for a whipple set up?

well, this thread was more of a feeler, but i would expect the whipple setup to be at or more than $3000 simply because the whipple cores are $1900 (cheapest i've found) to begin with, unless you shop around and snag a sweet deal like I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrim View Post
More expensive than I was imagining, I'd probably turbo instead for the cost.

you gotta pay to play, and if you don't have fabrication skills, try paying somebody to put together a supercharger or turbocharger kit for less than that ($3000), and i'm not talking about your buddy that knows EVERYTHING about turbos, i'm talking a legitimate shop that knows what they are doing, and stands behind their work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01OldsAleroGt View Post
hey kwhauck... what would be the expected amount of Boost that S/C would push on a stock 3400 ???

Cause if everything sounds good.. i think i def may opt for this

Until i have stuff mounted up, it's really a guessing game, with the stock motor once it is mounted up I probably won't push it really hard,

I made 281whp with the old m62 setup on a stock motor with an intercooler at about 14psi (the supercharger was really overspinning at about 12psi)

I hope to see close to 300whp at 10-12psi with the whipple

and once my built motor is in, i am hoping for 400whp at 10-12psi and who knows at high boost

That is another thing, maggies build up heat and fast, especially when you are starting to push into the upper rpms of the supercharger, on the otherhand whipple are so effecient that they run their best at high supercharger rpms and high boost, meaning that I will reach full boost of 18-22psi at 1800rpm on my motor

with the proper intercooler setup, a whipple supercharger can come within 1 or 2 percent of 100 percent effeciency at high boost and wot........a maggie usually runs in the 40-60% effeciency range under the same conditions....
Old 04-30-2009, 09:14 PM   #22
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

Bad99Olds is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Bad99Olds
Looks like im gonna opt for the whipple. I cant wait to start my new job, this will be fun.
Bad99Olds is offline   Reply With Quote