Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 11-18-2003, 04:46 PM   #1
Grouch

Store/Site purchased: Tire Rack via AleroMod banner
Cost/Shipping: $47/ea for the rotors, total was $104 I believe
Store service, contact, delivery, problems, props: Delivery slow as snot, but that's UPS Ground for ya.

Initial product impressions, quality: Damn this things are heavy! I would estimate 10-15 pounds each. By way of my arm scale they ARE heavier than the stock rotors. They are not rusted! Look very good.

Instructions, good, bad, none, etc: Yeah they have instructions, very generic. Trash them and just wing it, it's easier.

Installation notes, easy, hard, PITA: Very easy. Remove wheel, remove 2 bolts from caliper mount, remove caliper, rotors slide off and back on.

Performance, appearance opinions: Much better than the warped factory rotors. Ahhh, nice to have decent brakes again. They look better also (no rust).

Any other thoughts about the product: This is one of those products that will take a loooong time to get a good review for them. Alas only time will tell if they will warp or begin to rust as bad as the factory rotors. As of now I have put 100 miles on them and I am impressed. When changing the rotors I also installed new Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads at the same time. There is a little bit of a low scrapping/sanding noise when using the brakes but I think this will go away. If not, it is hardly noticable and doesn't bother me at all. 33925
Old 11-18-2003, 10:04 PM   #2
Grouch

Update, a year later and 15,000-miles on them still no problems what so ever with the Brembo's. And that scrapping/sanding noise HAS gone away, a long time ago. Just a very little bit of rust showing on the edges, which is to be expected as over time all rotors, even Baer's will have/show some rust. But it is still very far away from the factory rusted rotors.