Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 12-18-2004, 03:31 PM   #1
00AleroV6

Has anybody have true dual's on an v6 alero?
Old 12-18-2004, 03:54 PM   #2
King Asoka
V.I.P. Member

King Asoka is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to King Asoka Send a message via MSN to King Asoka
from what people have said, and If you go take a peak under your car, there is not enough room for true duals. but never say never......
Old 12-18-2004, 04:10 PM   #3
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
442 Alero. I don't have any pics of the car, but it's been done. Another member will undoubtedly post a pic or 2 for you to see.

Not worth the effort, as these motors don't flow enough to require true duals, but it's definately a sweet idea. I considered it myself, but both performance and cost wise, you can't beat a single pipe setup.

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 04:43 PM   #4
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
True duals can be ran. the Alero 442 had true duals. but would required where the exhaust Y's and comes down for the cat would have to redone.
Old 12-18-2004, 04:44 PM   #5
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Youngblood77@Dec 18 2004, 03:10 PM
442 Alero. I don't have any pics of the car, but it's been done. Another member will undoubtedly post a pic or 2 for you to see.

Not worth the effort, as these motors don't flow enough to require true duals, but it's definately a sweet idea. I considered it myself, but both performance and cost wise, you can't beat a single pipe setup.
someone say pics? hummmmmmmmmmmm i wonder if i should post?............lol
Old 12-18-2004, 05:36 PM   #6
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
but why spend 600 on the cat back dual exhaust when it doesn't improve flow better? that just doesn't seem reasonable to me. whether your running one exhaust from the cat, or two, its still the same amount of air going into it. true dual exhaust is the only thing i would actually want to spend exhaust money on...
Old 12-18-2004, 05:44 PM   #7
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Awe, come on Oldsman, if I had the pics, i'd post'm. B) I remember them being posted back when I first registered, i had the same question....I shoulda saved them. <_<

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Old 12-18-2004, 05:55 PM   #8
King Asoka
V.I.P. Member

King Asoka is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to King Asoka Send a message via MSN to King Asoka
I stand corrected.
Old 12-18-2004, 06:00 PM   #9
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
Quote:
Originally posted by cherrington17@Dec 18 2004, 05:36 PM
but why spend 600 on the cat back dual exhaust when it doesn't improve flow better? that just doesn't seem reasonable to me. whether your running one exhaust from the cat, or two, its still the same amount of air going into it. true dual exhaust is the only thing i would actually want to spend exhaust money on...
sure its the same amount of 'air' but lets not forget about something doctors call back pressure. if the exhaust it too free flowing bye bye torque. a 2.5" single pipe is perfect.
Old 12-18-2004, 06:07 PM   #10
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

No worries King, you did alot better than Pimp did back when I first came around.... he shot his mouth off pretty bad, then someone else came on and really made'm look stupid. The thread's prolly been deleted already, but i'll try to find it, It was really kind of amusing. :P

Old 12-18-2004, 10:59 PM   #11
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
I think if you did a real dual exhuast you would have to do at tops 1 3/4 or 1 1 1/2 inch pipe to make it actaully work which would be abviously the equivalent to 3 to 3.5 inch which is still pushing it. Like jackal2000 said if the exhaust is to free bye bye torgue.
Vtolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 11:06 PM   #12
00AleroV6

what i was thinking is long tube headers come out,run straight pipe of each than goe's into muffler's.But i would want to get high flow slip on cat's too.

I wonder if you have long tube header's than have alittle straight pipe running of each into an x pipe than alittle more straight pipe into the muffler's...
Old 12-18-2004, 11:09 PM   #13
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
Sounds like a Idea, I think you would wont to get a kit to hide the pipes though.
Vtolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 01:11 AM   #14
Oldsman
Owner

here you go true dual exhaust on an Alero
Old 12-19-2004, 01:45 AM   #15
00AleroV6

Any Sound Clips?

that's over the axel right..?
Old 12-19-2004, 02:01 AM   #16
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
Quote:
Originally posted by VTOLDS@Dec 18 2004, 10:59 PM
I think if you did a real dual exhuast you would have to do at tops 1 3/4 or 1 1 1/2 inch pipe to make it actaully work which would be abviously the equivalent to 3 to 3.5 inch which is still pushing it. Like jackal2000 said if the exhaust is to free bye bye torgue.
everyone seems to think 2 1.5" pipes is the same as 1 3" pipe, not even close. remember, area = pi R^2. , so each 1.5" pipe has the area of 1.76", 3.52" total. a 3" is a little over 7sq". a 2.5" over our 2.25 is about 123% better flowing (plus if its slp, its madrel bent, not sure, but i THINK factory is crush bent)

i dont think true duals is worth it. a 2.5" flows more than enough. like you said, you'd need custom headers, which would be a pain in itself, especially on a fwd car. then try running 2 pipes back...your talking thousands for what point? spent that extra money on S&S headers, those and slp, will give you ALOT more power
Old 12-19-2004, 06:25 AM   #17
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

thanks Oldsman. B) If/when I get a set of those S&S zoomies, I'm definately gonna consider the true dual setup. It would be nice just to have something different, y'know? I gotta think that the hardest part would be the downpipes. A crossover pipe to help scavenge off-beat exhaust pulses would be nice, but I doubt there'd be room. <_<

Do you remember if the 442 had 2" Oldsman?

Old 12-19-2004, 11:04 AM   #18
Oldsman
Owner

Quote:
Originally posted by 00AleroV6@Dec 19 2004, 12:45 AM
Any Sound Clips?

that's over the axel right..?
actually yes i do
Old 12-19-2004, 11:07 AM   #19
Oldsman
Owner

Quote:
Originally posted by Youngblood77@Dec 19 2004, 05:25 AM
thanks Oldsman. B) If/when I get a set of those S&S zoomies, I'm definately gonna consider the true dual setup. It would be nice just to have something different, y'know? I gotta think that the hardest part would be the downpipes. A crossover pipe to help scavenge off-beat exhaust pulses would be nice, but I doubt there'd be room. <_<

Do you remember if the 442 had 2" Oldsman?
i say do it. it would be different. the hardest part would be the downpipes. but if you really want to do it go for it and have it custom fabbed up.

i think the pipes were 2" but not for sure.
Old 12-19-2004, 02:57 PM   #20
00AleroV6

i would want dump's