Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 01-06-2011, 01:33 PM   #1
frankie257
GX Member

frankie257 is on a distinguished road
Kenwood KDC-MP345U or JVC KD-R610

Which of these headunits should I buy? Kenwood is $109.99 and the JVC is $102.99 on Sonicelectronix.com. They both come with dash kits and adapters needed for installation included in the price. Which one is more reliable and better quality? I plan on upgrading my speakers soon also and possibly subs and amp in the future. Also, has anyone ever bought from this website and are they reliable? I know there is also Crutchfield, but these prices are cheaper and the JVC KD-R610 is not available on Crutchfield no longer. All answers and advice are wlecome.

Kenwood MP3-45U http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...DC-MP345U.html

JVC KD-R610 http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...C-KD-R610.html
frankie257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:40 PM   #2
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
I think I've bought from them, but I don't remember for sure.

The only reaaal difference is the Kenwood has 2 sets of RCA outputs.. but they'e 2V. The JVC only has 1 set, but it's 2.5V.. Hmmmm.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:45 PM   #3
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
JVC usually has good stuff.

I've heard problems with kenwood, before. Personally I stay away from them. Same with pioneer. (which is decent) but I've had nothing but trouble with them.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:46 PM   #4
frankie257
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch1 View Post
I think I've bought from them, but I don't remember for sure.

The only reaaal difference is the Kenwood has 2 sets of RCA outputs.. but they'e 2V. The JVC only has 1 set, but it's 2.5V.. Hmmmm.

Im really kind of new at car audio and don't really know that much so what are RCA outputs and does the voltage matter?
Old 01-06-2011, 01:56 PM   #5
frankie257
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
JVC usually has good stuff.

I've heard problems with kenwood, before. Personally I stay away from them. Same with pioneer. (which is decent) but I've had nothing but trouble with them.

I was kind of leaning towards purchasing the JVC because it also had variable color display but I also like the looks of the Kenwood. I also heard they had problems with the CD player.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:41 PM   #6
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
I would get the JVC just based off of the expandability options....that control sure looks like shit though...lol. They are pretty similar aside from the JVC having 2watts less RMS on the 4 channels.

...who am I kidding I would get the JVC cause it is 7 bucks cheaper.

..hey if that multicolor display makes it sound any better I want to be the first one you let know...lol!

Why not pay 10 more bucks and get the lastest version of the HU: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...-KD-HDR60.html
comes with HD radio.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:56 PM   #7
Stickybuddz420
GX Member

Stickybuddz420 is on a distinguished road
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...KDC-MP245.aspx

I bought myself this for x-mas, and with all the sub controls its exactly what I wanted, Illuminates blue, had presets to choose what type speakers you have inside your car so the deck can adjust output properly, If youre going Kenwood, definetly check it out. And i believe there is a usb version also if thats a must. My knowledge with JVC equipment is its simply walmart style, so yea i dont use that sht.

No More Cobalts - 2 12" Punch HE2's
1100W BOSS CHAOS Mono Amp
Stickybuddz420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:41 PM   #8
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

jabartram is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jabartram Send a message via Yahoo to jabartram
I run kenwood fdc-x494 and its excellent. i have purchased alot from sonicelectronics and they are excellent.

if you go with jvc, go with arsenal.
jabartram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:25 PM   #9
robalero
GLS member

robalero is on a distinguished road
for what your going to be doing with it, both are good. I would go with the $10 more one that someone posted ( the other JVC ) just because you can do a few more features and its newer for only $10 more
robalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:03 PM   #10
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
I have the Kenwood and love it. i've had it for about a year now and have never had a single problem with it.
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

alero_bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:07 PM   #11
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie257 View Post
Im really kind of new at car audio and don't really know that much so what are RCA outputs and does the voltage matter?

The .5V isn't a big deal, but the higher voltage pre-outs you have, the better quality signal, basically.

Anyways, when I sell decks at BestBuy and they're looking for just something to replace the stock radio I basically say they're all the same... because they pretty much are. The $100 Sony is the same as the $100 JVC, etc.... it's down to a matter of asthetics and how the buttons are laid out.. whichever they like better.

It's only once you get to the higher priced models that you start to see differences, IMO.

Oh, and the RCA outputs are the outputs you use to get the signal to amps.

Last edited by clutch1 : 01-06-2011 at 09:10 PM.
clutch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:05 PM   #12
WhiteV6
Wide Open Throttle

WhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond repute
I have the 345, and the excelon equivalent. I like both, but I just wanted a deck to play from a USB drive. The excelon has a nicer menu setup and controls but costs a little more.
WhiteV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:00 PM   #13
Cashdollar2009
GL Member

Cashdollar2009 is on a distinguished road
Seems like i'm a little late.

I have ran and/or installed with zero problems:

KDC-MP142
KDC-MP145
KDC-MP238
KDC-MP538u
KDC-MP345

All with zero issues. The 142, and 538u being in my car. My next head unit will more than likely be a Kenwood as well. The features have been nice, the only complaint I have are the RCA outputs having low voltage ratings. An inline booster will help here. For the money, I don't believe you can beat their overall value. My $0.02.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:28 AM   #14
frankie257
GX Member

I have finally decided and purchased the Kenwood KDC-HD545U off of Crutchfield for 139.99. Can't wait till it get here to install it.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:26 PM   #15
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
I have the KDC-HD942U and love it. I have always had bad luck with Kenwood audio products, the speakers busted within 9 months and hate the amps, but the Kenwood HU's are pretty damn good.
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:17 PM   #16
Sloan92
GX Member

Sloan92 is on a distinguished road
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...1902&bih =849 this is mine
Sloan92 is offline   Reply With Quote