Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 07-06-2007, 03:06 PM   #1
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation News about Window Tint Law!!!!!!

To all here I found out in Maryland that if you have kids under the age of 10 you can have your windows as dark as you want them on all windows. I got pulled over by a cop not to long ago about not having my front tag on and he tried to hit me up on the tint. Well I just so happen to have the law printed out and showed him and He said he had to look into that. Well no ticket and a warning for the tag. Anyway depending on where you are you may want to check the law and don't look in the libary for it get your local sheriffs anotated vehicle law book. They all have them trust me. If you don't have kids then get a Doctors note, other then having a truck those are the only two ways that I know to get around the law. GOOD LUCK!!!!
lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:15 PM   #2
adam337
GLS member

adam337 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to adam337
what happens when your kid turns 11?
Lonnie: How would she feel if I took the booty one of the ladies has offered up.. What am I going to say... It's not my fault some gifts are better then others.
adam337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:45 PM   #3
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam337 View Post
what happens when your kid turns 11?

Birds and the Bees yeesh haha
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:56 PM   #4
Alerocharged07
GX Member

Alerocharged07 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alerocharged07
Smile

I hate how in North Carolina they charge us a extra $10.00 on the inspection fee for tinted windows. I wish I had some windows like the knight rider car with windows that automatically tint by itself.
Alerocharged07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:04 PM   #5
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
[quote=lonnie;289393]To all here I found out in Maryland that if you have kids under the age of 10 you can have your windows as dark as you want them on all windows.QUOTE]

Thats some wierd ass law.

Why?
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:32 PM   #6
CaRcRaZy
GX Member

CaRcRaZy is on a distinguished road
We all need the windows from the maybach. they are electronically charged so you can change the tint on the window with a switch.
CaRcRaZy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 06:05 PM   #7
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
ahh yeah that'd be AWESOME on a car, cop pulls you over for 5%, you switch it to 100% visibility before he walks up
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:29 PM   #8
bnight04
GLS member

bnight04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to bnight04
^^ Invent it, that would be BAD ASS
Old 07-06-2007, 07:45 PM   #9
adam337
GLS member

adam337 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to adam337
id buy it
Lonnie: How would she feel if I took the booty one of the ladies has offered up.. What am I going to say... It's not my fault some gifts are better then others.
adam337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:00 AM   #10
SIUlero
GL Member

SIUlero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinalero View Post
Thats some wierd ass law.

Why?

My son rides in the back seat of my car, facing backward. Before I tinted mine, he would fuss and whine from the sun shining right on him...major driver distraction. After the tint, he can sleep on the brightest summer days without a problem...he ~can~, that doesn't mean he actually does though This doesn't really explain why you need to tint the front windows, so I leave that to speculation.

Edit: This is also how I convinced my girlfriend that I NEEDED to tint the windows even though we had bills that also needed attention
http://www.cardomain.com/id/CrazyOldsGuy

Last edited by SIUlero : 07-07-2007 at 12:03 AM.
SIUlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:41 AM   #11
teflone
GL Member

teflone is an unknown quantity at this point
They already have varible tint.. its EXPENSIVE

Its a Philips thing..

Its glass with LCD sandwiched in it.. like the LCD characters in a calculator..

varible, higher the voltage the darker it is.. PLUS! Liquid crystal has to have polarized film on the glass to see it, so you can FISH with your car too.. no more glare...

But im actually serious..
teflone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:31 AM   #12
alero_ecotec
Special Agent

alero_ecotec is an unknown quantity at this point
Just wait untill nano technology really gets going, I could see variable tint happening no problem.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:25 PM   #13
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I tired that

I told a cop that my dad has skin cancer (true BTW) and I took him back and forth to the doctor's once a week (not true) and that's why I had the windows tinted.

Still didn't work

Actually I was told by a cop that window tinting it illegal because the cop can't see inside the car. As far as I'm concered, that's not legal right there. A cop needs a warrant to look inside your car.

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:35 PM   #14
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
no, he doesnt, the whole reason why tints are illegal is because a cop was shot when he walked up to someones car. the person just shot through his window and killed the cop and drove off, the cop didnt even see it coming because of the tints, thats why they are illegal. i always roll down my windows when i get pulled over, they havent really effed with me for it yet but i have 20% right now, 5% going in next month so i guess we'll see

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:19 PM   #15
Seaaan
GX Member

Seaaan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Seaaan
yeah the cops need to be able to see if you have a weapon or not... im not sure about other states, but in california the law for the FRONT passenger and driver side windows are a total of 70% tint [barely anything]. For the windshield it's just the however many inches from the top it's usually tinted and not touching anywhere else.
Seaaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:38 PM   #16
teflone
GL Member

teflone is an unknown quantity at this point
here in ontario, and everywhere for that matter..

The only real reason you cant have dark tint is!..

They have to see your face, thats it thats all..

I had a ticket for tint once, the cop read off the bylaw..

its not to see wepons.. its to simply see your face, if you can make out wether a person is male or female behind the tint, your tint is fine, according to the cop..

It was obstruction of view ticket, not my view mind you, the cops view..
teflone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 04:32 PM   #17
QCmustang
GX Member

QCmustang is an unknown quantity at this point
In the great state of illinois, the doctor excuse used to work but they threw that out a couple years ago. my friend had a 99 SVT contour with 32% all the way around except the windshield. and he had a doctors note. i think the only way to get away with tint on the front two doors is if it was bought that way, came stock, or if its on a state registered car (undercover cops). otherwise you just have to pay the tickets if you get caught.
soon to come . . .
Ford F150 5.8L 351W
1999 Olds 88.

President, Sykotic Concepts.
www.myspace.com/QCmustang

www.myspace.com/SykoticConcepts
QCmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:58 PM   #18
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIUlero View Post
My son rides in the back seat of my car, facing backward. Before I tinted mine, he would fuss and whine from the sun shining right on him...major driver distraction. After the tint, he can sleep on the brightest summer days without a problem...he ~can~, that doesn't mean he actually does though This doesn't really explain why you need to tint the front windows, so I leave that to speculation.

Edit: This is also how I convinced my girlfriend that I NEEDED to tint the windows even though we had bills that also needed attention

On all the window is why i find it wierd.

Here you have no restriction on the back windows, but I went to the police station to ask what was legal for the front windows. The police officer told me that they had to be able to see you throught the tint. He wasn't able to tell me what was the exact % of tint that was legal, I found that wierd.
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:22 AM   #19
01Aleroproject
GX Member

01Aleroproject is on a distinguished road
Wow! After reading all this I am glad I live in Oklahoma. (One of the only things I am glad about this place!) I just tinted one of my other cars and checked the local laws and I can actually blackout the rear and back side doors but can't go any darker than 20% on the front doors, so I went 5% all the way and 20% on the front doors. NICE AND COOL inside now. Tint will definately be in order once the alero is back on the road.
01Aleroproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 05:01 PM   #20
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
New News

Well today I was at work and decided to ask one of the cops there another question, so I began to fill him in on the situation, adding that Thursday I will be getting a DR's note. Well he said that if he personally would have pulled some one over for to dark tint, that he would still issue a repair order, and its up to the driver to send in the order with a copy of the note to null and void the repair order. So there you have it at least here in Salisbury, Maryland the tint law sucks balls! I'm going to post a pic soon showing the before and probably the unfortunate after. I'll keep you posted of my fight. I'm determined to beat this bull.....stay tuned. Oh yeah the reason why I need it in the front and to answer the question of what do you do when they turn 11 is it is to protect them should they need to ride in the front one day. Not only that but it keeps the car cooler in the summer, and when he sweats he breaks out too. So there you have it.
lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote