Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 05-02-2004, 07:35 PM   #1
deadpedestrian

Well just finished clearing my headlights last week, went ok...

Few questions...

1. Seems the peice that hold my headlights in is broken, it is grey in color and looks like it connects to two bolts that hold on the front bumper. Basically it is broke near the two tabs where you "lock" the headlight in.

Anyone know an avg cost on this?

2. Is there a good way to clean my headlights? The Lenses are very spotted tried goo gone and glass cleaner, can't seems to clean them. Is there a sanding or went sanding or steel wool type thing that can polish these up so they don't look so bad?

3. I noticed I have 2 different headlights... or so it seems. After clearing my tail lights the one I consider to be "normal" has a few small holes where the reflector snapped in... No big deal. The other however the hole is like 1 inch long on the bottom.

Are there differences in the year models with this sort of thing?

Thanks for the help in advance
Old 05-03-2004, 11:11 PM   #2
duesergirl

Are you thinking maybe one light is from a different year? Like it got repalced or something? If that's what you're getting at with number three, just check the DOT information stamped into the light. It will tell what year the light was made. If one of them comes from a later time (when it was redesigned) it will have a different year.

But if that's not what you mean, then I have no clue!
Old 05-03-2004, 11:26 PM   #3
deadpedestrian

ya, I am starting to think maybe my car was in a wreck before I bought it or some sort of colision to front passenger side
Old 05-03-2004, 11:58 PM   #4
duesergirl

Have you tried running a carfax report on it or anything? Maybe it wasn't something as horrible as a wreck, maybe a truck threw a rock that broke the headlight or something. Hopefully, it wasn't anything serious. Like I said though, the DOT numbers should tell you if they're from different years. I know there's some small differences in our cars from the older ones and the newer ones. They probably did some minor redesigns on the headlights then, too, so the newer headlights would have that year on them.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:55 AM   #5
'04 aler-ho

go here

www.gm-parts-for-less.com

good good people
Old 05-04-2004, 09:59 PM   #6
deadpedestrian

thanks Ive had a lot of trouble finding a good parts site