Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 04-19-2004, 12:40 AM   #21
Pacho

^^^^True that, Cops can lick dees nuts issed:
Old 04-19-2004, 01:08 AM   #22
smokinAMD
V.I.P. Member

smokinAMD is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to smokinAMD Send a message via AIM to smokinAMD Send a message via MSN to smokinAMD Send a message via Yahoo to smokinAMD
You guys think you got it bad? I have 5% tint all around. I'm just waiting to get nailed. Luckily cops around here don't care.
smokinAMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 01:11 AM   #23
Sportalero

I could get away with it here, but that's just not a big enough effect for me. When this company makes a kit that you could hook up to the windows on your car, i'd definitely jump on that :thumbsup:
Old 04-19-2004, 12:22 PM   #24
Cyber Knight
Swank

Cyber Knight is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by `2000redalero@Apr 18 2004, 01:22 AM
holy poop, how's it work?
I'm gonna guess there's a layer of liquid crystal in the plastic film. Power it up and it's black, shut it off and it clears again. If that's the case then I dunno how well it'll work in winter, if at all.
Old 04-19-2004, 02:20 PM   #25
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally posted by smokinAMD@Apr 19 2004, 12:08 AM
You guys think you got it bad? I have 5% tint all around. I'm just waiting to get nailed. Luckily cops around here don't care.
I have 15% all around. I did get a ticket for it outside Philly. In the big cities, it's not that cops don't care, it's that they have better thing to do.

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 07:45 AM   #26
niral622
GX Member

niral622 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Cyber Knight+Apr 19 2004, 12:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cyber Knight @ Apr 19 2004, 12:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-`2000redalero@Apr 18 2004, 01:22 AM
holy poop, how's it work?
I'm gonna guess there's a layer of liquid crystal in the plastic film. Power it up and it's black, shut it off and it clears again. If that's the case then I dunno how well it'll work in winter, if at all. [/b][/quote]
liquid crystal would explain why its so expensive :o
Old 04-29-2004, 12:25 PM   #27
jjkool

that is more then correct!
Old 04-30-2004, 02:45 PM   #28
AleroSS

I want plates like in the movie The Transporter, and be able to rotate thru a few different ones - that would make a cop's head spin
Old 04-30-2004, 05:29 PM   #29
Sundayalero
GL Member

Sundayalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, don't use those in Cali... or tint your windows... or have an exhaust 1db louder than stock.... or change your intake... or....
Damn i've got to move...
<span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\'>Every now and then when your life gets complicated and the weasels start closing in, the only real cure is to load up on heinous chemicals and then drive like a bastard from Hollywood to Las Vegas. Just roll the roof back and screw it on, grease the face with white tanning butter and move out with the music at top volume, and at least a pint of ether.
-From the book Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson </span>
Sundayalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 06:57 PM   #30
BigJon34

Quote:
Originally posted by 1WhiteOSV@Apr 17 2004, 02:37 PM
LMAO..you could mess w/ a cop's head SOOO bad if you had it hidden, got pulled over for it..then as he was walkin up to ur car like when he was even w/ ur back fender flick the switch and when he says "your license plate isn't visible" be like "yes it is sir" and get out and show him!! LMAO the cop would be like "WTF?!"
Like the old days when hydraulics first were applied to a car's suspension. Sniff sniff. Sentimental poop right there
Old 05-07-2004, 01:53 PM   #31
1WhiteOSV

For those who said they couldnt use them where u lived.....i dont think ANYONE can, legally. But if u hide the switch somewhere and u get pulled over just flick it and the plate will re-appear and the cop will try to tell u that it wasnt visible but he cant do poop when u ask him to show u how it ISNT visible when it is after u flip the switch. Cops pry dont know much bout this little tool. I guess i have it lucky cuz i have 5X tint(its actually 2.5%) and its perfectly legal here in Peoria, IL!
Old 05-07-2004, 02:09 PM   #32
vulgar
GL Member

vulgar is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to vulgar Send a message via Yahoo to vulgar
this would be very useful in NYC where they have been putting up cameras to catch people running lights.

the alero will be missed :o(, but I love the mazda6 :o)
vulgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 02:29 PM   #33
Grouch

Quote:
Originally posted by 1WhiteOSV@May 7 2004, 12:53 PM
For those who said they couldnt use them where u lived.....i dont think ANYONE can, legally. But if u hide the switch somewhere and u get pulled over just flick it and the plate will re-appear and the cop will try to tell u that it wasnt visible but he cant do poop when u ask him to show u how it ISNT visible when it is after u flip the switch. Cops pry dont know much bout this little tool. I guess i have it lucky cuz i have 5X tint(its actually 2.5%) and its perfectly legal here in Peoria, IL!

Doubtful. He's gonna find out and then you'll be in a heap of trouble. If he can't see it when he pulls you over, then you flip a switch to make it visible I can assure you he's gonna have a pretty good close look at that plate.

Also, FYI in IL it is not legal to have your front door windows tinted.
Old 05-08-2004, 09:07 PM   #34
gxryan

I saw some stuff at this last car show i was at it was just some spray on crap that was suppose to make ur license plate show up blank to red light camera's or whatever.

But i never got a chance to sit there and question the guy selling them. I was to busy lookin at the sweet rides (like the VW golf with the 32V northstar engine in it)
Old 05-09-2004, 07:50 AM   #35
GoldAlero27
GX Member

GoldAlero27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to GoldAlero27
Exclamation

:P i think i might order one just to screw around with the cops
10 dual poineers subs
900 watts Rockford
blackouts
5% mirror window tint with muilt color

01 IS300