Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 07-23-2005, 12:28 AM   #1
majicmike954

As you all may know or may not know i live in South Florida (Really HOTT!!!) issed:
The vinyl on the dash has started to ruffle up by the defroster. I think its from the heat then the moisture from the air conditioner.
ANyway the question is--- has anyone ever priced out or got qouted for a re-vinyl for the dash??? How much??? Should i just go get a different dash from a junk yard?? Or should i just fiberglass the whole damn thing???
Old 07-23-2005, 12:49 AM   #2
gre0481

To get a good revinyl job, it would probably cost more than a good used dash at a junk yard. reddog just got one for 275 form a salvage yard. he said $766 for a new one at the dealer.

Man those dealers make their money
Old 07-23-2005, 02:27 PM   #3
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Yeah I just got one for $275 and it's in pretty good shape.

I don't know how easy it is to do, but my mech just did a heater core on a Mailbu and said the dash is easy to pull out

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 02:42 PM   #4
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
dash is easy. Remove all the trim first on the center console dash (cept the middle ac vent and right one too those can stay), Then remove the screws 4- 10mm screws (side of seats and 2 in the armrest area under the rubber mat for the center console) Then u have 2 - 9/32 or 7mm screws on the sides under the little round covers. For the dash u have about 12 screws that holds it in. Not all the screws you see holds the dash down. When I took mine out, I removed some unnessary screws that looked like they were holding the dash. LOL

Oh you will need to take off the steering wheel. To do that you will need to remove the air bag and rent or get a steering wheel puller. When you take off your multifunction switch (wipers, turnsignal, headlight switch .. thats just the technical name for it) make you don't bend or eff up the horn tab. Its really little and spring loaded. I screwed up mine, but I never use my horn anyways cuz i got an aftermark train horn on a separate button. But if u do screw it up, a new one is around 150 bucks. or more junkyard time.