Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 12-20-2008, 04:58 PM   #21
99alerogirl
Female.

99alerogirl will become famous soon enough
thank god for a cracked hose! I haven't had a chance to look at it since I left it at my parents house, but that's what they found. and the coolant was flushed and is currently awaiting some dexcool thanks everyone for your help! I'll be replacing the hose tomorrow
99alerogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:08 PM   #22
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Great! Glad you looked it over carefully before tearing it apart.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 05:26 PM   #23
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
Best damn write up I've ever seen!
Old 12-21-2008, 10:23 PM   #24
99alerogirl
Female.

yeah, I went over today to ask my neighbor (the mechanic) if I could use his heated garage (it was -8 today with the wind!). He asked what was wrong and I told him it was a hose, but I didn't know what to call the hose at the parts store, so he came and took a look.
come to find out, it WASN'T the hose itself. it was the plastic coupler on my heater hose that was completely shattered. looks like it froze or something. anyways, he went over and got a clamp and fixed her up like new... so I didn't spend a dime, except on new coolant of course now my girl's up and running again! and her heater gets so warm
Old 12-22-2008, 06:27 PM   #25
99alerogirl
Female.

bah, if it's not one thing it's another. i got to drive my car for a whole day, parked it, ran into my apartment, came out 5 minutes later and BLAM there's a coolant puddle and coolant streaming out of my radiator. awesome. now it's done leaking out, probably because my coolant system is completely empty. what bad luck!
Old 12-22-2008, 07:04 PM   #26
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
check the seal that was suppose to be fixed... might not be tightened enough, when the car heated, coolant expanded, bam! blown due to pressure.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:08 PM   #27
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
hmmm that sucks, time for a new radiator, but whatever you do don't put the aluminum stop leak in it!!!!
Old 12-22-2008, 07:24 PM   #28
Beholder88
GL Member

Beholder88 is on a distinguished road
Check to see exactly where the coolant leaked from. If it came from the drainrooster, make sure the seal is good. If you didn't flush out all of the green coolant, there might still be some sludge backing things up. That could cause the drainrooster to blow out and guess what, time for a new rad.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:11 PM   #29
99alerogirl
Female.

thanks guys... the car has been sitting in an awkward spot at my apartment, but i just drove it down to my parents house (put the rest of the coolant i had left into it). it's about a 15 minute drive and it did perfectly. but this weekend i'll be checking things out since i have ramps here at my parents house my boyfriend put the rubber thing back on the radiator, but that's the first thing i'm gonna check, since it looked like the coolant was literally pouring out like something had just come out. and it was on the same side of my battery, which is the one he had to remove, so we'll see! hope you guys have a great holiday
Old 12-25-2008, 02:57 PM   #30
99alerogirl
Female.

ok, i put some coolant in my car and warmed it up to see exactly where it's leaking from, and i got pictures! it's coming from where that rubber piece goes in. above that it's cracked, but that doesn't seem to be the issue (but i could be wrong), since it's coming from like, the hole thing. i don't know, that's why i took pictures haha. and i'm not sure what this drainchicken is you're talking about. oh and the rubber piece in the pictures has antifreeze on it, but it's not from the leak.

here is the stream of antifreeze coming out of this hole thingy under my radiator... i know it's green, but it's the kind you can mix with anything so it's ok

here are a couple pictures showing this crack that's there kind of by where it's leaking.

and here is all the antifreeze it leaked, probably about everything that was in that part of the system

i figured these pictures would be way more useful than my non technical babble about it so any help would be appreciated, even if it's bad news
Old 12-25-2008, 11:13 PM   #31
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Looks like you need a new drain plug for the radiator... An inexpensive fix at around $5.

2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 11:41 PM   #32
darksobsession
GL Member

darksobsession is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to darksobsession
wtf is a drainchicken?

sigs are annoying
darksobsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 07:45 AM   #33
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
drainc0ck?
Old 12-26-2008, 09:07 PM   #34
Beholder88
GL Member

Beholder88 is on a distinguished road
WTF, this forum censor's c0ck? That's messed up. I tried to edit to see if I was just messed up or something when I way typing, but it says c0ck. Sorry to get off topic. BTW, that doesn't look like dexcool?
Old 12-28-2008, 10:42 AM   #35
99alerogirl
Female.

yeah it's the prestone 50/50 mix universal stuff. had to flush the whole system so i decided to just start by putting that stuff in

alright so i got the drain plug and installed it (yay for my first real auto repair! oh and it was just so difficult). then i had to drive 60 miles to my dad's house and never had a problem thanks so much guys, now hopefully i'm done with repairs for a bit haha. thank you guys so much!
Old 12-28-2008, 03:13 PM   #36
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Your from B-town? You at IU?