Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 07-01-2006, 02:02 PM   #1
projectalero

I finally raced the 240sx last night. We made 3 runs. The first run he beat me by about a car. I got a really bad launch (1000rpm) and he pulled up by about a half car. When i hit second i started to pull up, but top end i just couldnt catch him.
Our second race i changed the launch rpm(1500)and did much better. We stayed pretty much even through first gear, but i had the better R/T and managed to get a bit of a lead on him. Once again, in second gear i pulled up a little bit more, and third gear he started to gain on me. It made for a really good race. I thought he was going to beat me again, but i held him off.
Other than that, i raced my friend chris in his accord and smoked him. I pulled up well over a car in first gear and he never made it up later down the track. My best time last night was 15.86, not too bad for a stock alero i guess.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:18 PM   #2
Sundayalero
GL Member

Sundayalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Glad so see you finally made it out to the track. Are you planning any mods?
<span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\'>Every now and then when your life gets complicated and the weasels start closing in, the only real cure is to load up on heinous chemicals and then drive like a bastard from Hollywood to Las Vegas. Just roll the roof back and screw it on, grease the face with white tanning butter and move out with the music at top volume, and at least a pint of ether.
-From the book Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson </span>
Sundayalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 02:29 PM   #3
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
yes i'm definately glad that you were able to finally handle this debate like men and take it to the track
Old 07-01-2006, 02:54 PM   #4
battistoni21
V.I.P. Member

battistoni21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to battistoni21
good time for a stock alero dude.....

i can't wait till i take mine to the track next year!
battistoni21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 03:23 PM   #5
projectalero

Im glad we finally settled the debate too. Yes, sundayalero, i am planning some mods, i just cant afford em right now. I already have a muffler at the house, i just need to get the money to have it installed with the new bigger pipes. I was also looking at getting headers,CAI, aftermarket PCM/tuning, shift kit, Port/Polish UIM & LIM, and 62mm TB. Thats will probably be all i do to it.
battistoni, i was kinda impressed with the ET also. I have done better before when i lived in texas. I beleive my best time was 15.5, but i really dont think it would do it again. Hopefully after the planned mods, i can take it down to the 14 second range. Im not looking for a all out race machine, just a weekend killer to play with little ricers.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:44 AM   #6
steve-o
Canadian... Eh?

steve-o is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to steve-o
well atleast you had a good time.

02 Alero - ecotec - 5 Spd - Springtech springs - KYB GR2 struts - CAI - Sacchi
S1 lightweight 17s - Eclipse CD5435 - Sirius radio - 6000K HIDs - LED markers
steve-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 09:00 PM   #7
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally posted by double0alero@Jul 1 2006, 01:29 PM
yes i'm definately glad that you were able to finally handle this debate like men and take it to the track

Agreed and I bet it shut him up too, after the 2nd and 3rd races

14's aren't easy, but very possible

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 09:39 PM   #8
Orion

Reddog what did you have in your car, when you hit 14.9 ?
Old 07-03-2006, 12:42 AM   #9
projectalero

Actually redog...after the first run he started talkin more crap than before, as expected. After the last two runs he just made excuses. I told him unless he is gona fill my tank i cant race him over and over all night long. He wants to race again next weekend. Im not sure if i wanna waste my time now. I know i can win, even though its a good race, i dont think i will race him.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:23 PM   #10
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Great so this guy will go back and tell everybody HE won.

Ricers are all the same, other than the danger, another reason street racing is stupid.

"Yeah, I forgot to hit the gas pedal"

A guy in work talked so much poop about his beat down, non-turbo 944. All Stock, looked up the time for it 16.4. I told him to put up or shut up, he shut up. OF course I showed everybody in the lab too, and they started to laugh at him.

Did you video tape it (or have somebody else?)

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:39 AM   #11
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Redog@Jul 3 2006, 03:23 PM
Great so this guy will go back and tell everybody HE won.
Ricers are all the same, other than the danger, another reason street racing is stupid.

Yeah, I stole part of a couple of quotes to make my own:

Street racing is like arguing on the internet.....even if you win, you're still retarded ! hahahaha

BTW, thanks for taking it to the track and keeping the streets safe....big kudos from me.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:00 PM   #12
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

ptrudel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ptrudel
told ya ken i was right on stock times :P

glad to see ya made it to the track and showed him up