Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 06-29-2006, 06:05 PM   #1
blackdog
GL Member

blackdog is an unknown quantity at this point
I am totaly clueless when it comes to alarms, whats good whats bad and what I can afford.

I might as well tell you what I want to protect and how so that maybe someone can point me to the right alarm.

Basicly I want an alarm that turns on when someone hits the car, opens a door, hood, trunk, window. Something that will page me or call my cell. I do not want remote start. I would like a warning if someone comes within an inch of my car like a beep or somthing and alarm once it is hit. I would also like an LED light with it to flash on my dash or dome light. I dont want anything that can be disabled if the battery is cut off or runs out and is easy to turn off unless u have the remote.

What do I need?
I have around 500.00 and thats with install.

Car Part out: http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showt...478#post345478
eBay Auctions: http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZa27283

Cars: 2006 Toyota Matrix, 2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4
blackdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:32 PM   #2
sofa
GL Member

sofa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to sofa
go to EHR easat hamilton radio man they'll hook you up for sure. i think the viper pagers are 450 installd

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2313940 http://www.myspace.com/kowch
sofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:35 PM   #3
AleroHawk
GX Member

AleroHawk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AleroHawk
I'd go with a Viper alarm. www.directed.com I believe. Also if I'm not mistaken, all of the alarms that have pagers also come with remote start. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. So basically, get a two way Viper, it covers all the sensors (lights, trunk, hood, door, someone bumping your car, etc.) and then get a proximity add-on for the warning beeps when someone get's too close but not actually touching. Then, get their batter backup siren. It keeps going off if the batter is cut and then can only be turned off with the supplied key. For added protection, I sugest a pain siren or two (about $4 on ebay). Put them inside the car and the theif won't be able to sit there for much longer than 10 seconds. I have the Viper 791xv with battery backup and pain sirens....a million times better than relying on your blood sucking insurance company to help you out when you get broken into two nights in a row!

"If at first you don't succeed, cheat."
AleroHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:56 PM   #4
number1alero
GL Member

number1alero is an unknown quantity at this point
my only beef with the viper 791xv when i had it installed was that it was ultra sensitive to vibrations...a guy could have his subs pounding at the other end of a parking lot and if it was loud enough it would set the alarm off...just got annoying to me...but overall a good alarm with remote start
number1alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:57 PM   #5
number1alero
GL Member

number1alero is an unknown quantity at this point
usually insurance companies wont help you even with an alarm installed unless you have lojack installed
number1alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:03 PM   #6
DanM7890
GX Member

DanM7890 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to DanM7890
i have a couple if u want to check them out under the forsale section "Things for sale(Look)"

there both from directed, both are brand new in box and are reduced prices.

"I like your style"...."I like your moves"
DanM7890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:47 AM   #7
02_Silver_Ho
GX Member

02_Silver_Ho is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by number1alero
my only beef with the viper 791xv when i had it installed was that it was ultra sensitive to vibrations...a guy could have his subs pounding at the other end of a parking lot and if it was loud enough it would set the alarm off...just got annoying to me...but overall a good alarm with remote start

Same alarm. Same problems as you..Sometimes even ricer exhaust will set mine off. Annoying and embarrassing no doubt , but it does its job I guess..
02_Silver_Ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:35 PM   #8
melkor

Hey blackdog and sofa, I noticed you're both from Hamilton, well, so am I, I just bought my alero and I was wondering if you guys could recommend a place in the area to get my windows tinted at, if you have an estimated cost as well that would be even better! Thanks alot!