Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 10-02-2004, 02:35 PM   #1
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
im starting a new thread about this, because its in a unrealeted thread.....

check these out

http://www.soundstream.com/sub/products_sp..._tarantula.html

total system impedance is 3 ohms it doesn't say what each component is, and i cant find the manual for them online, ....but it looks just like the old spl69's, 2 ohm woofer, 4 ohm tweeter, total 3 ohms they're biampable too so they look like they'd be perfect for the factory system 6x9's, using the monsoon amp. and they do come with a crossover, with a total impedance of 3ohm, id think any aftermarket deck could run them and you'd be able to pull some more power out of your deck
Old 10-02-2004, 03:11 PM   #2
mike2002
GLS member

funny thing is last week my brother became a soundstream dealer.......so he ordered a bunch of stuff last week, ill be getting a set of the 6x9's this week, ill keep everyone updated

also considering replacing the front 4x6 with one of these, with the tweeter its 3ohms instead of 4, so it would pull a little more from the factory deck, for now im just getting the 6x9's
Old 10-02-2004, 03:50 PM   #3
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
i just got some soundstream xstream 6x9's sound GREAT! and yes, they are 3-ohm. fit perfectly in my back deck. i love em. got them from www.etronics.com 2 6x9's for 49.99 then shipping. pretty decent price on them for how good they sound.
Old 10-03-2004, 10:20 AM   #4
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Soundstream kicks ass
Old 10-24-2004, 12:05 AM   #5
mike2002
GLS member

i got the "trantuala" or whatever 6x9's today, they are 3ohm woofers, 4 ohm tweeters...so im not sure how its "3ohm system" its a 3.5ohm system. still better than the only other bi-ampable 6x9 out there, since its 3ohms instead of 4

i havn't hooked it up yet, im silicone'ing them in a baffle right now so they're airtight, have to wait till that dry's, so tomorrow morning...already cut up the rear deck so they'd fit. if they dont sound how they want off the monsoon amp, ill pick up a soundstream 4channel van gogh amp, they're supposed to be one of the best 4 channels out there......and on closeout....which mean 75% off for dealers...hahahah!
Old 10-24-2004, 01:32 AM   #6
Grouch

I don't know anything about their stuff, except for the fact that this is a badass looking amp!!! B)
Old 10-24-2004, 03:57 AM   #7
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
i want some of these, could someone explain biampable? i'm running factory deck, no monsoon amp, but i'm running a fosgate 200s (100X2 rms) to some cheap mtx 6X9's

hows the bass response with the tarantula?
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 04:07 AM   #8
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by cherrington17@Oct 2 2004, 07:50 PM
i just got some soundstream xstream 6x9's sound GREAT! and yes, they are 3-ohm. fit perfectly in my back deck. i love em. got them from www.etronics.com 2 6x9's for 49.99 then shipping. pretty decent price on them for how good they sound.
did you get the XTS 3way fullrange? and they fit fine?

and why is the tarantula more expensive than the xstream when the xstream is 3way and can handle more power?
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 02:36 PM   #9
mike2002
GLS member

my brother just ordered some of those human reign amps, 2 sub 2 channels, and a 4 channel. want to know the retail? $3699... each

the tarantuala is more expensive because it uses better parts. it has a external crossover, bigger magnet, better woofer, spider, surround, etc etc. speakers like 5 ways are retarded...4 ways, just as dumb. a 2 way is all thats needed, 3 way isn't overkill, but not always needed on a coax.

biampable means it has a seperate input for the tweeter and woofer, just like the factory monsoon stuff

i got them all hooked up off the monsoon amp the woofer is 3ohms, factory is 2ohms, so it doesn't get as much power. they sound just fine, but even with it cranked, and bass on +3 or +4 the woofer doesn't move a whole lot, not much at all (any more and the amp/deck distorts) it does get good midrange/ some midbass. but doesn't have the "subwoofer" effect of the factory stuff, just not enough power.

i thought it was a 3 ohm system, like it said. which means 2 ohm woofer, 4 ohm tweeter. its not. i ohm tested it, its a 3ohm woofer, 4ohm tweeter, 3.5 ohm system. part of the reason it doesn't get as much bass may be because i put them in baffles the baffles will give it better bass, but it will take more power to get that bass.