Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 08-04-2007, 11:07 AM   #1
blueialero

Fuel Pump not working??

hi all, yesterday my friend jacked up my car and replaced my fuel filter and now the car will only crank, no start. When i initially turn the car to "on", i don't hear the fuel pump whirring anymore....could it be like a relay or fuse or something or maybe the connection messed up when the fuel filter was replaced??

i tried searching to see how to figure out if your fuel pump isn't working and i think someone said to turn the car to on and then relieve the fuel pressure on the end of the fuel rail and if fuel comes out then its not the fuel pump right? please help, sarah
Old 08-04-2007, 11:59 AM   #2
blueialero

okay, i switched the fuel pump relay with the horn relay to see if it works and the fuel pump relay works fine and the fuel injector fuse looks good to me too, so its not that.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:08 PM   #3
Alero 2 Envy
GX Member

Alero 2 Envy is on a distinguished road
Check the wiring to make sure you didnt hit and un plug something. I have changed my filter twice with no issues.

1985 SVO Turbo with all the goodies !
Alero 2 Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 03:24 PM   #4
comanche
V.I.P. Member

comanche is an unknown quantity at this point
Is the security light blinking?

Also, it's easy to check if the fuel pump is unplugged.. your friend may have unplugged it for safety and forgot to plug it in again...
comanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 09:06 PM   #5
blueialero

no the ses light isn't blinking when the car is in the on position...i asked him about the plug and he said he didn't touch it, he said he removed the evap canister or something to get access to the fuel filter...i will see tomorrow if someone can look under there to see if anything is unplugged or i might even try to do it...thanx for all help
Old 08-06-2007, 10:44 PM   #6
blueialero

ok...i checked the plugs next to the evap canister this afternoon, unplugged the fuel pump connector and then reconnected it and it still won't work..

so im just wondering, when i have the tank dropped and take out the fuel pump assembly, how can i figure out if its a bad fuel pump or something else wrong with it?
Old 08-07-2007, 10:12 AM   #7
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
There's something with the fuel cut off. Push the pedal to the floor twice and on the 2nd time leave it there and the engine should turn over

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:23 AM   #8
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Make sure he put the flow on correctly so that you actually get gas
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:16 PM   #9
blueialero

make sure he put the flow on correctly? you mean the fuel filter? if so yes he did it right because the end of the fuel filter that screws in is screwed in and the other part that is held by the green connector is in there tight

and redog...you mean put the key to "start" keep it there and push the pedal to the floor once for a sec, let it up, then push it the floor again and hold it there? thanks ya'll
Old 10-04-2007, 11:46 AM   #10
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
There's something with the fuel cut off. Push the pedal to the floor twice and on the 2nd time leave it there and the engine should turn over

I just wanted to say I love this guy!!!!

My Alero was very low on gas (running on fumes) I parked it and it sat for a week or two. Wouldnt start. Put 2 gallons in it, wouldnt start.

I was just searching E bay for a fuel pump, and I damned near spent $120.

Came across this post and figured, worth a quick shot.

She started up.

Thanks man! I thought I had to buy a fuel pump!