Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

View Poll Results: after reading the responces i figued put this up (pics on page 2)
looks good! 15 71.43%
looks like crap. 6 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2011, 12:28 AM   #1
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Body Kit!

put this on saturday in a walmart parking lot south of pittsburg. drove 8 hours to meet greg, 2fst4u, and pick up a few more parts.
just a few random pics and some painting the bumper (looked like crap with the white behind it) going to wash and wax the car, as well as plastic dip the door handles and maybe spoiler tomorrow afternoon, then I'll get some more pics up.
I know it needs- lowered, rims, and dual exhaust. they are all soon to come.

Last edited by Papa Rad17 : 12-02-2011 at 04:34 AM.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:12 AM   #2
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
i love how the rear bumper looks.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:19 AM   #3
spc2125
GLS member

spc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice man looks good. I got my aas body kit but i have to fix/paint it.
How long did it take to put on?
Check out my alero!
Aleromod Showcase Video
spc2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:29 AM   #4
adam337
GLS member

adam337 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to adam337
Do NOT plasti-dip the door handles.. please.
Lonnie: How would she feel if I took the booty one of the ladies has offered up.. What am I going to say... It's not my fault some gifts are better then others.
adam337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:36 AM   #5
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
i love how the rear bumper looks.
Thanks, it looked terrible with the metal bumper still white and rusted a little behind the mesh. Thankfully it was easy to pull off again, then just and hour and half of sanding with the drill, and some primer and paint later it turned pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spc2125 View Post
Nice man looks good. I got my aas body kit but i have to fix/paint it.
How long did it take to put on?
Thanks. Took around 3 hours. The side skirts needed a bit of trimming and we fabricated the brackets for them on the spot, but it had also been on his alero for a while so it was already molded and holes drilled and everything, it went on really easy, pulling the stock bumpers off just took a while, and those front bumper bolts were a pain in the ***.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam337 View Post
Do NOT plasti-dip the door handles.. please.
I forgot who it was but someone posted picks on the howto plastic dip thread and I really liked the look. I might also be doing the spoiler and when I get the vfiber hood the raised part will black on it.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:15 AM   #6
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Rad17 View Post
I forgot who it was but someone posted picks on the howto plastic dip thread and I really liked the look. I might also be doing the spoiler and when I get the vfiber hood the raised part will black on it.

The black door handles are NOT a good look, it looks retarded. The vfiber hood is the best hood that is readily available, but that's not saying much....
Old 11-14-2011, 10:16 AM   #7
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

2fst4u is an unknown quantity at this point
not too bad for a walmart install....
2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:54 AM   #8
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
looks good.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:32 AM   #9
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
Gonna be the first to say this... Not a fan at all.. Besides the OSV kit, there isnt a body kit for the Alero that doesn't make it look like a cheap chinese toy car... But thats just my opinion... I still respect the work and time you put into your car. I just think the Alero is sexy enough with some cleared corners, lowered and some rims.

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:47 AM   #10
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:10 PM   #11
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

that would be me good sir.

the most i would do on a body kit is probably just the razzi, i dont like to flashy of a body kit, most people consider it rice and i dont care to hear about it.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:24 PM   #12
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fst4u View Post
not too bad for a walmart install....
It turned out really good, we got home around 3:30am and I put in all the new tails and went to bed. Around noon I got up did the bumper, looks way better. That top hole on the rear bumper I had mentioned, on both sides it bent in a little there so I drilled and ran a zip tie, the whole kit just flows perfectly, Theres no way I woulda guessed you'd had it for 5 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
that would be me good sir.

the most i would do on a body kit is probably just the razzi, i dont like to flashy of a body kit, most people consider it rice and i dont care to hear about it.

I don't care what people think. Personally I find it extremely sexy. My buddy who went with is threading to have me wake up one morning with it gone, lol, he wants it for his alero. And judging by the staring problem iv had with everyone around town, they must be liking it.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:27 PM   #13
sleepyalero
GLS member

it is nice, i agree, get rims and suspension it will look better! and some tint.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-14-2011, 02:33 PM   #14
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Oh trust me, they are on the list. Tint is a little first back though, new exsauat and the hood is before that. Either way my stock rims are getting the though winter though, I'm not getting new ones just to see them cover on dirty and salt.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:35 PM   #15
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Oh trust me, they are on the list. Tint is a little first back though, new exsauat and the hood is before that. Either way my stock rims are getting the though winter though, I'm not getting new ones just to see them cover on dirty and salt.

you can get new ones, just keep em as summer only tires. my 18's are in my room right beside me for winter, put my 16' american racing ones back on 2 days ago.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-14-2011, 02:54 PM   #16
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
And judging by the staring problem iv had with everyone around town, they must be liking it.

No, just because people look at it doesn't mean they like it. They probably think it's funny how a stock height, stock wheels four-door car has the riciest body kit available on.

Most people hated my kit when it was on, but at least when they poked fun I had the power to beat them.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:25 PM   #17
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
[quote=spc2125;601447]Nice man looks good. I got my aas body kit but i have to fix/paint it.
How long did it take to put on?[/QUOTE i can paint it. i have all the tools for it.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:50 AM   #18
Williamleo
GX Member

Williamleo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Williamleo
I think it's cool. Just another look for our Aleros. I remember I mentioned something about people looking at my car and I got slammed for that too. Come to find out many, many people have told me what a really nice looking car I have. I'm about as stock as I can get but since I keep mine spotless always, I get lots of compliments. Rock that Alero anyway you want! It's yours and whatever makes you happy is what's important P Rad.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:22 AM   #19
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamleo View Post
I think it's cool. Just another look for our Aleros. I remember I mentioned something about people looking at my car and I got slammed for that too. Come to find out many, many people have told me what a really nice looking car I have. I'm about as stock as I can get but since I keep mine spotless always, I get lots of compliments. Rock that Alero anyway you want! It's yours and whatever makes you happy is what's important P Rad.

Thanks. I was running around earlier trying to find an can of plastic dip in my tiny effing town. I had to make 5 different stops, at evey one I had someone tell me I had a nice ride. The guy at autozone about shit his pants when I pulled up. He got his phone and took pics and everything.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:45 PM   #20
Hellfire5670
GL Member

Hellfire5670 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thanks. I was running around earlier trying to find an can of plastic dip in my tiny effing town. I had to make 5 different stops, at evey one I had someone tell me I had a nice ride. The guy at autozone about shit his pants when I pulled up. He got his phone and took pics and everything.

what kinda body kit is that? i love the white as its the color of my car and id like to keep it white
Hellfire5670 is offline   Reply With Quote