Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 08-10-2005, 02:36 AM   #1
Chucklez05

Ok, I've been looking at alot of these posts about systems and it seems like alot of you guys on here really know alot about electronics so I'm hoping that you can help.

I have a hiphonics MARS A6000 2 channels amp which is rated at 2 X 150 @ 4 Ohms, 2 X 300 @ 2 Ohms, 1 X 600 @ 4 Ohms. For subs I have 2 Rockford Fosgate 12 inch P2's which are 200 watts RMS at 4 Ohms and 400 watts Peak. I also have a 1 farad capacitor.

I tried hooking up the system and when i turned everything on it seems like the amp isn't puttin near enough power to the subs, i can barly hear anything coming out of them.

Can any of you guys give me suggestions on how i sould wire my system up and any suggestions on why its not working right for me?
Old 08-10-2005, 02:55 AM   #2
cruisinalero
GX Member

cruisinalero is an unknown quantity at this point
if you hooked everything up "right" you should be running each sub at 150 watts @ 4 ohms...which is a little under the 200w 4ohm rms rating of each sub. i would just check your connections and make sure you wired everything up right then mess around with the dials on your amp...
cruisinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 01:54 PM   #3
Chucklez05

Ok I'll try that. Also I was looking around and saw a couple wiring diagrams in the manuals for the subs and it looks like if i wire up the subs parralel that they will run at 2 ohms risistance is this right or am i reading somehting wrong?
Old 08-10-2005, 03:46 PM   #4
King Asoka
V.I.P. Member

King Asoka is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to King Asoka Send a message via MSN to King Asoka
^no thats right.

One thing i will suggest is to visit this forum www.caraudio.com and read the sticky about how to set the gains on your amp, its in the amp section of the forum. This may help you with your problem and it will save you from blowing your speakers!

your low volume level could be a result of many things.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:49 PM   #5
Chucklez05

Ok thanks king, but any suggestions on what the low out put could be like any major things that could be going wrong?
Old 08-10-2005, 06:13 PM   #6
bigd6983

it could be the gain on the amp, low input voltage off the rca's, wiring wrong, amp is on its last leg, electrical isnt supplying it the voltage it needs.......there are tons of things......
Old 08-10-2005, 09:46 PM   #7
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
Do you have a crossover on the amp? Deepending on what music you listen to, all of the frequencies may not be seeing the subs. Bass in rock music tends to be around 200Htz while many built in crossovers cut off around 100 with a 12-24db slope. Try a rap cd and see if you notice a difference. If so, you may need to either adjust the crossover or buy a external one for more flexibility. If the crossover is not the problem, then ensure you have the sub sealed properly. Press on the woofer. It should have a firm resistance and spring back instantly. If it feels spongy or gives off a sound (of leaking air) then remove the sub and reseal it. There are many options for sealing. Gaskets can be bought or made from rubber or foam. Silicone is the best method, but is much more permanant. I use a tube of silicone lubricant. It is very thick and can be wiped clean if you remove the sub. very nice in situations where the sub is removed frequently. I also coat the inside of my box with rubber spray. It has two functions. First, it will help to seal any leaks in the box structure. Secondly, it dampens the resonance (think of it as feed back) resulting from internal sound waves.
If these don't help, then list your system entirely for us. What Head Unit do you have. Do you have rca or Line out converters running to the amp? What size of speaker, power, and ground wire are you using? All things can cause the problem. However, my bet is on the crossover or a leak.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 01:22 AM   #8
Chucklez05

Ok well I'll try checking the seal and what not, also i looked at the ground connection and it looked kinda crappy so tommorow im gonna redo that and see if that will help a little