Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 08-14-2005, 11:28 PM   #1
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
I think I need to lay off of the car audio for a bit. I just had to drop four bills for a set of JL XR650-CSi components. I know, ebay is much cheaper but I stay authorized. I have been working on my door panels for a while now trying different configurations. A few weeks ago, I damaged my eclipse components. Here is a hint. Keep your grills on the speakers while changing door panels. I got in a hurry and droped the panel. My quick reflexes caught the door but stupidity ran the screwdriver (in my hand) through the cone. I originaly had two setts, but the older ones were nearly eight years old and seemed to have a coloring to the sound. After a few days of testing, I narrowed my choice down to the JL and Bostons. http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_compone...php?comp_id=120
The Bostons are a very nice speaker as well, but the JL tweets were far superior in the shop. Very smooth at all volumes. Now I just need to finish my doors. I am NOT going to put these pups in until I am done. I guess I should have named this thread" stupid move of the week".
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 03:23 AM   #2
eag182
V.I.P. Member

eag182 is an unknown quantity at this point
I bet when you drove the screwdriver through the cone you just wanted to kick/ punch/ yell at something right then and there.
eag182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 07:05 PM   #3
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
I probably would have if I had known. I didn't realize it until I was hooking the door back up. Oddly enough a midrange still plays with a nice sized hole. It just sounds a little off. It took me a bit to figure out what I had done. One of those nice moments of sitting there scratching the head and pondering what fool put the hole in my speaker. Then realization that I was the fool and most likely did it when the panel fell. At this point anger may not be a option, but a cold beer and the "the family guy" dvd is.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote