Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 02-05-2004, 02:09 AM   #1
StealthAlero

Well with the new boost kits coming out and becomming more popular like APoCs and HP plus other various custom turbo and s/c kits, i think we should start looking for or working on some way to upgrade our tranny and internals. I'm sure theres some custom fabricators that would be more then happy to start a project like this if ofcourse we got the proper funds together. I know plenty of people would benefit from these two groups of modifications besides turbo and s/c'd vehicles. It would allow people running nitrous to reach those high #'s besides going the conventional way of boost and also for the people who are to allow them to reach past the limits of 300hp and maybe take it all the way past 400 and open up a whole new game for the aleros owners. Yes, it will be something hard to do and will take time but we need to break past this wall, they're plenty of modders on this site and people are starting to reach the point where they cannot make their alero and faster unless resorting to custom work which is might expensive. So whatever it takes to get this ball rolling i say lets get on it. :thumbsup:
Old 02-05-2004, 09:08 AM   #2
Alerosince99

It would be nice but I wouldnt count on it. We have a lot of modders but the % of them that actually need this are pretty small. It would be extremely tough to get a shop to mass produce parts that will sit on their shelfs.

We are extremely lucky that comp cams is working on producing a line of cams for our engine. That is only because a magazine guy spear headed the project. That in itself is a major achievment.

The tranny riddle may be solved too. There are a few who are upgrading with domesticperformance.com. That will be a nice tranny hopefully and has a limited slip option.

The rest of the internals will more than likely always be custom. That being forged rods, pistons, and what not. Heads and intake mani's will probably always be find a shop that is willing to do them and have them done.