Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 02-06-2004, 12:14 PM   #1
loudalero

Well havin problems with my motor and its not hitting on number four cylinder so I went to take the plug out and realized to my disbelif that I have to take the headers off just to get the spark plugs out and if this is so this going to suck but anyone that knows anything about the togs please let me know thanks.
But I got problem narrowed down to the wire, plug, or injector.
Old 02-06-2004, 01:35 PM   #2
mfuller

I had no problems changing plugs with my headers installed.....I had more problems with the big plug boots on my Magnecor wires. There's room, but not much. I do remember that I didn't have enough room for a standard spark plug socket.....I had to find one with more clearance.

One of the fisrt things to check is wire damage....sometimes the plug wires will arc to the headers (I had this problem with Taylors).
Old 02-06-2004, 03:04 PM   #3
AuburnMistGLS

AuburnMistGLS is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AuburnMistGLS
I agree with matt, I had the same problem. When I had the headers installed the mechanic didnt route the wire properly and it got real close to the header and melted and was arcing. It was a tight fit changing plugs but had to use a non standard wrench for the clearance issues.
Old 02-07-2004, 07:57 PM   #4
loudalero

Ok I got them out without removing the headers, I was having a problem because the soket was to big but I got them out and reaplced with bocsh platnium plus fours and it has seemed to fix the problem but i have yet to take for a drive but hopefully I will find out tonight but I will keep everyone posted later
Old 02-09-2004, 12:15 AM   #5
Skiboarder311
GLS member

Skiboarder311 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Skiboarder311
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

go outside and take the bosch platnium 4's out!!!!

those plugs suck ass!!

go to advance and buy a set of NGK's great plugs at a fraction of teh price.

Bosch 4's bunnyked up idle all up and actually felt like they hurt performance
Old 02-09-2004, 12:45 AM   #6
loudalero

Well I hope these plugs work out but the biggest concern is getting my car back to normal at this point because the plugs didnot help so then tonite I replaced the wire and coil pack and I dont want to go for a drive until tomorow but its lookin to be the injector for number. So I am going to wait until I get the 62mm tb and uim and maybe lim now because my friend and I were talking about this And we think while we are at we will replace the lim gasket with the new gasket so 10000 miles down the road I am not blowing that gasket. But I will keep everyone posted but I did check on denzo iridium spark plugs but they wanted almost 13 bucks a piece for them so I just went with these because autozone did not have ngk's.
Old 02-09-2004, 01:03 PM   #7
loudalero

Ok Well I took it for a drive and its running great but since I replaced both the coil pack and wire I am not sure which it is, so I will ohm test the wires and if they all check out good then it was the coil pack and if so I think that I will replace all my accel coil packs with msd coil packs.