Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 02-14-2004, 06:42 AM   #1
matty61184

I want to put new plugs in my car. The Bosch +4s, I feel, are the primary cause of the reason my car is running the way it is. I have noticed progressively more roughed out idling, etc. I've also read reviews on these plugs online and seen that a lot of people don't really like them! What should I go with. I have always heard Autolite Double Platinum are a good deal for the money. I don't need any of the high performance plugs, because I don't have a modded ignition system (read it really doesn't boost power that much). Once again, thanks all!
Old 02-14-2004, 08:53 AM   #2
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I have the Bosch +4's and I never felt a problem (knock on wood)

You're right about the increase. Plugs are good if you are going to use 8mm wires and put together they might add 1 or 2hp

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 12:42 PM   #3
3.4Alero

Stock plugs are best for our cars, unless you have nitrous, etc.
Old 02-14-2004, 01:57 PM   #4
StealthAlero

I have the NGK Double Platinums in my car now. They work great.
Old 02-14-2004, 02:55 PM   #5
PaulVS

With a stock engine, I always use the OEM plugs that come in the car. That's what the factory tunes the engine for.
Old 02-19-2004, 05:41 AM   #6
Jetfix

I recommend either NGK V-power, or ACDelco rapid fire plugs, those are the plugs I've seen the fewst prblems with, I worked at an auto shop before joing the military and all the +4's i've seen and used never lasted more than a few weeks, back when I had my integra, i destroyed a set of plus 4's in about 3 hours, they're not worth 4 bucks a pop.
Old 02-22-2004, 03:45 AM   #7
matty61184

Well guys, I coughed up the cash for the NGK Iridium plugs. I really like them. Since I put them in, the popping noise, drop in rpm upon warm start, and rough idling have all ceased to exist. Expensive at like $12 a plug but to get rid of that crap, the best investment I've made so far.