Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 02-23-2004, 05:09 PM   #1
StealthAlero

I checked the search, and aleroupgrades is still down. Random Technology didn't seem to be caring anymore for the aleros, well at least thats what it said on their website, does anyone else know where i can buy a high flow cat.
Old 02-23-2004, 05:56 PM   #2
Alerosince99

Ebay. Do a search for carsound or magnaflow.
Old 02-23-2004, 06:51 PM   #3
StealthAlero

Are their any for our cars specifically and not those universal ones.

Who has the magnaflow and do you like it?

Also what size, i guess i should get the 2" because thats what our stock exhaust diameter is right or is it 2.25, because the slp connects at 2 or 2.25 i forget and then the rest of the piping is 2.5
Old 02-23-2004, 06:58 PM   #4
dopey

high flow cats are a waste of money

u wont notice ANY difference
Old 02-23-2004, 07:08 PM   #5
jturkey69
V.I.P. Member

jturkey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to jturkey69
^^^^^^^amen to that.....i believe john(springs) dynoed his with stock and aftermarket and actually lost either hp or torque...i forget which....although he may have tested with headers. def. a waste of money
2005 Nissan Altima SE-R 6spd MODDED! (wifes pocket rocket)
1998 Ford Explorer AWD 5.0...modded, and fun DD

jturkey69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 11:14 PM   #6
Pimpalero03
V.I.P. Member

Pimpalero03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Pimpalero03
just hollow your cat. that way its on but hollow and no one will know but you...
Pimpalero03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 09:41 AM   #7
Alerosince99

You could pick up a carsound (which is magnaflow) for around 50 bucks on ebay with your choice of inlet outlet size.
Old 02-24-2004, 11:57 AM   #8
StealthAlero

alright, well i'm going to put on the air/fuel gauge, and was just seeing if maybe i should upgrade the cat before i do this. Do you think its ok to run the stock cat with the hp turbo kit?
Old 02-24-2004, 12:08 PM   #9
dopey

with the turbo kit???? buy the kit and have it sitting in ur possesion. then ask taht question again.
Old 02-24-2004, 03:56 PM   #10
Alerosince99

With a turbo kit I think you may want to go with an after market. Hard to say as the kit is so new. Check with phantom505 on grandamgt.com board. I think he may have the stock cat and if so I wouldnt worry about it then cause his numbers have been really good!
Old 02-24-2004, 06:44 PM   #11
StealthAlero

Quote:
Originally posted by SweetAlero99@Feb 24 2004, 05:08 PM
with the turbo kit???? buy the kit and have it sitting in ur possesion. then ask taht question again.
Why don't you just answer the dam question. If you don't know, don't whore up the thread, i'm trying to get my facts in order before i just go and spend all my cash without having the proper information. Like some people did when they purchased hp's turbo kit without realizing that the FMIC doesn't fit the alero. Second of all, i'm in the process of purchasing the gauges and the turbo kit was next on the list, but since john is working with them at the moment trying to fab. all the existing none fitting pieces, i'm was planning on waiting for him to finish. Third, i just was backed into last night and my door is completely busted, thank god it was only the door and nothing else, but since the person decided to drive away. I'm stuck with paying for it out of my wallet, since my insurance deductable is too high.

Now take your poopty attitude sweet and shove it, cause i don't have time to waste my time on here reading your crap.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:23 AM   #12
Crazy_Canuck

Amen to that Stealth.

I've only been here a few short days and am already sick of his know-it-all attitude. I'm just curious when he became the authority on all things mechanical. I'm curious of his credentials as a licensed mechanic, especially since his profile says he was born in 82. That makes him what.... an 'experienced' age of 22 sometime this year?

Sorry to everyone else that reads this, I'm growing tired of this imbeciles attitude. It looks like every post he's made is entirely useless and devoid of any useful information with real substance. He seems to have nothing to contribute other than unwarranted antagonistic comments.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:04 AM   #13
dopey

Quote:
Originally posted by SweetAlero99@Feb 23 2004, 06:58 PM
high flow cats are a waste of money

u wont notice ANY difference
hmmm i wasnt attackin anyone in this post i made early. i stated what i knew.... and another people said the same as me.

as for ur question stealth........ hmm lets stop and think about it for a second. oh this hp kit is pretty new on the market right. u said u are waiting for john to finish helping make it fit our cars. excellent. wouldnt u think he would be the best person to answer ur question since hes directly involved iwth the kit....... AND NO OTHER ALERO OWNER EVEN HAS THE KIT. to me it seems kinda ignorant to be asking questions pertaining to a product...... that no1 else even has on there car yet. what do u think the chances of some random person knowing the answer to ur question is. point is...... use ur head befor u post.

as for u canuck....... u can well...... canuck it. u got a problem with me take it up in pm's. u dont know me or my knowledge on alero's or cars. so ur makin urself look ignorant by assuming i dont know anything. dont like what i have to say fine..... but i dont attack people without cause or reason. i give my opinions...... u dont want opinions..... dont ask for them..... dont want a dumb anwser..... well.... use the search button first..... and if it cant be found u still might get a dumb anwser but u get the point. so shut up and go play some hockey and get some tim hortons ehhh......
Old 02-25-2004, 01:24 AM   #14
StealthAlero

My question was an all around turbo question. Yes i said HP, but it shouldn't matter, any turbo'd or s/c vehicle owners should be able to answer this question. I don't own a turbo car and am wondering do turbo'd vehicles have higher flowing cats stock or not, or are the cats just replaced with some test piping. As for just asking john, well he is on the site and did a lot of responses today, so i was thinking that he might reply to this post, but since he didn't, i guess i will ask him, posting just gets more replys faster then email.

Like i stated in my earlier post, i just wanted to save myself some time getting a new cat now instead of later and redoing the bung weld and all the other work that goes along with it.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:25 AM   #15
dopey

here ya go mr.canuck...... incase u never bothered to read the forum guidelines.

6. Flaming/Flame Wars-
The act of exchanging insults with one or more members in a hurtful or disrespectful way is called a flame. Please do not involve yourself in this type of activity. It is destructive to the community, and a pain for the administrators to deal with.

i never attacked u or stealth....... i invite u to go find some of my posts that are filled with "unwarranted antagonistic comments" i give my opinions..... i dont attack people until they attack me. if u dont like my opinions..... ignore them.

looks to me like ur about 27...... dont think ur better than me cause ur older. cause ur not. now if u have any farther problems.... please pm me. thanks and enjoy the rest of ur stay at aleromod.com
Old 02-25-2004, 02:06 AM   #16
Crazy_Canuck

Quote:
The act of exchanging insults with one or more members in a hurtful or disrespectful way is called a flame.

Not insulting anyone. Just making observations brother. If you want to act like a butt plug, that's your right to do that. I think your posts speak for themselves. Hey, I got an idea, why don't you go out and buy the biggest spoiler you can find for your car sweet?? I'm done with this subject for now.

Time to get some Tim Horton's, play some hockey, then get some Molson Canadian beer......

Oh, and one last thing, check your signature.... you do a pretty good job of describing yourself. Just to ensure that you're not the only one with it, I'm quoting you in my signature now.....