Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 03-05-2004, 01:23 AM   #1
loudalero

Well My dad and I talked about putting this 355, 350 bored 30 over into my car and I Know that it would cost money but power cost money correct but I Just thought it would be funny to see what every one thought and another thing is we didn't even know the bottum half of the motor had been balanced when we had bought. It was a good deal traded for a trailer.
Old 03-05-2004, 01:24 AM   #2
loudalero

Heres some more pics.
Old 03-05-2004, 01:25 AM   #3
loudalero

Final pic.
Old 03-05-2004, 01:26 AM   #4
99blackalero

that would be really costly to put in.... sell it and put in a SC or turbo...there was a post on some guy who had done it before..not sure where it is though
Old 03-05-2004, 01:26 AM   #5
loudalero

Opps got this one too.
Old 03-05-2004, 01:35 AM   #6
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
that's an awfully large engine to wedge in the engine bay. You might need to build that off an s10 chassis like that other v8 alero guy.

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 01:41 AM   #7
Crazy_Canuck

Dude, if you got the time and money, and your Alero isn't on warranty, I say go for it!!

If I can cram a short block v8 into a Fiero, you can surely fit that sucker into an Alero somehow. Just beware that it will change the agility of your Alero with all the added weight on the front end. You'll have to beef up the front suspension / handling on top of the new tranny.
Old 03-05-2004, 02:02 AM   #8
AleroSS

This need for a new suspension will finally be the excuse you need to do air ride! :P (Locking air struts...)
Old 03-05-2004, 09:06 AM   #9
misslindseysue

Cool. Can I drive it when you're done?
Old 03-05-2004, 11:47 AM   #10
King Asoka
V.I.P. Member

King Asoka is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to King Asoka Send a message via MSN to King Asoka
Id do it if i had the cash and the time!
Old 03-05-2004, 02:57 PM   #11
jturkey69
V.I.P. Member

jturkey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to jturkey69
first i will say it is a real possibilty if you have the money, and/or kowledge of building a stockcar.....things to consider first....
1.frame structure of your alero....this unibody could be built to hold all this easy if you are willing to do the following..gut the interior, and connect the subframes on the lower part...for example..using 1/4 square tubing, probably notching it into the floor pan/interior to keep ground clearance..i dont have time to get into all this right now, but if you were absolutly serious, gut the car as much as possible, call a shop that builds and installs rollcages, i had my subframes tied, and 8 point cage installed in my monza a few years ago for 400.bux, or you could talk to a dirt tracker to find out where you can have a custom cage made...the reason i say gut it out for now is to save money....people always ask if this will work or will that work...i say yes to all givin the dedication and time and money.

look at a dirt track stock car ..like a street or hobbystock...bracing on the front and rear with it tying into the rollcage is the essential areas need to solve the problem of twist.

suggestions....if you dont have the rest of the drivetrain needed for this swap, and/or knowledge...then best off buying a turbo or s/c
2005 Nissan Altima SE-R 6spd MODDED! (wifes pocket rocket)
1998 Ford Explorer AWD 5.0...modded, and fun DD

jturkey69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 03:27 PM   #12
loudalero

Well just so you all know that I don't plan on doing this. I just wanted to see how everyone would react and see how far this would go. But I know my dad and I could do it but I am looking into buying a house so there is no chance of this happening.