Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 03-10-2004, 12:05 AM   #1
Crazy_Canuck

I apologize in advance if this has already been covered. I did a search and didn't pull anything up specifically regarding this....

Do you think the 3400 would mate properly with with the 4T65E tranny? Has anyone done this?

Secondly, and this is more of a curiousity question than anything, has anyone tried swapping the 3.4L for the 3.8L SC Series II motor in the Alero?
Old 03-10-2004, 12:35 AM   #2
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Don't know about the tranny but do a search on this siteof this one: Somebody found a link to a site were the guy put the 3.8 SC engine in a 97 cavalier

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 12:51 AM   #3
Crazy_Canuck

Yah, maybe I can glean some info from that site on it.

I just got off the phone with my father in-law. He knows where there are some good builder 3800 SC Series II engines I could get for about 200bux. They are running but smoke. Lots of performance upgrades available for this engine though.

I'm going to get him to pick me one up and get it back to our rented garage. We'll tear it down there and send everything to my friends machine shop to get cleaned up and machined. We'll rebuild it back in our shop.

During that time, I have to figure out what I'm going to cram it into. I still haven't decided between a Fiero or Alero. I can get a Fiero frame for cheap and mod the poop out of it as there are lots of exterior and interior mods for it, but, I'd rather put it into an Alero. I'm not willing to sacrifice my '03 which is my daily driver and work vehicle.... I'm a consultant and work out of my mobile office... err... vehicle. :P

Also, Thrasher builds a real nice 4T65E racing tranny.

Once I've gotten the engine and got it under way, then I'll be looking around to see what kind of availability / pricing there is on Alero / Fiero wrecks.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:55 AM   #4
dopey

i believe the tranny will fit with minor mods to the cradle........

go over to grandamgt.com...... there is alot more info on this type of stuff over there cause i know some dudes over there are putting different trannies in there cars....... jsut cant remeber what tranny it is
Old 03-10-2004, 07:10 AM   #5
overdrive75

The 4T65E will bolt directly to the 3400, no the cradle of an alero, that poses some ploblems. Also where it hooks in to the body as well. Also if you plan are running the 4T65E make sure to get a PCM from a 3.4L car that has the 4T65E, like an Azteck or rondevouz. But remember the gearing of the transmission must match what is in the pcm and the motor must match as well.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:51 AM   #6
jturkey69
V.I.P. Member

jturkey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to jturkey69
kinda off topic...if the aztek and buick use the 65...hell why not go all out and adopt the awd to an empty shell of an alero

on topic...as overdrive says..there are differnt gears, and they have to match but the stock 65 will handle 400 hp ...
2005 Nissan Altima SE-R 6spd MODDED! (wifes pocket rocket)
1998 Ford Explorer AWD 5.0...modded, and fun DD

jturkey69 is offline   Reply With Quote