Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > L61 2.2L Ecotec Specific

Old 03-16-2004, 01:20 PM   #1
AleroSS

Hey guys, dont believe that I've seen it posted anytime before on here, but for all you A/T guys thinkin about boostin or SERIOUSLY modding your car and its track times, there is a new article about Saturn's Ion Redline in the latest edition of Sport Compact Car magazine. Basically they spoke about an adapter plate being produced that will allow us to mate our ecotec engines (as well as the other ecotec line engines) with the the tranny out of the blower equipped 3800 engine found in GTP's, Regals, etc... (I believe it is the 4T65E) with minor if any modification. Basically, this will be enabling us to use a much stonger tranny that has been used on 240 whp 3500 Lbs+ cars. Granted the tourque numbers arent as high as many might like, but this sounds like we will have an option with quite some potential when it comes to Blowers and Boosters soon. If anyone knows or finds the name of this company, please let me know, as I have also heard that they are also producing an adapter plate so that this same Tranny will fit in the K Four honda engine setups - crazy aint it! :o
Old 03-16-2004, 07:39 PM   #2
Final-Reality

That's a pretty heavy transmission compared to the 4t40/4t45... and the ECOTEC doesnt' produce a whole lot of low-end torque like the V6's do... to be honest if you want to do a transmission swap, try and get the new 6-speed manual tranny that comes in the Saab 9-3 and (reportedly) will come in the Pontiac G6 GTP, which has a 240HP V6... so it's apparently a very strong tranny...
Old 03-17-2004, 12:22 PM   #3
AleroSS

From what I have heard and read, this tranny can handle more power than an M/T, and it's very consistant between runs. And plus, being A/T the bonus over M/T is also the fact that it doesn't get hit as hard when the clutch pops. Although most feel that an A/T is less fun to drive, this is often the best choice when your main goal is a decent timeslip.
Old 03-17-2004, 03:54 PM   #4
Final-Reality

Ah yes, well... if you're looking to turn your alero into an all-out high performance drag machine... :rolleyes:
Old 03-17-2004, 08:35 PM   #5
wy3134

That would be cool to see a decent dragstrip alero that can still be streetable.... (boost factor)
Old 03-18-2004, 12:37 AM   #6
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
i wonder what the difference is between the 4t40 on the eco compared to the 2.4? would be nice if it was interchangeable.

converting to a manual would be great but a lot of work.
Old 03-18-2004, 12:46 PM   #7
AleroSS

actually from what I have heard, a buddy of mine is converting a GAGT to 5spd, and its only gonna cost him about 500 dollars, and there are kits out there for that tranny, so i figure if there isnt a kit yet, there should be one shortly for a 5spd conversion on our tranny...